4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary School - Leander ISD
Week of May 16-20, 2016
What Are We Learning About This Week?
- End of year reading assessments (Be sure to bring a good book!)
- Playground design project
- Fractured fairy tales
- Inherited traits vs. learned behaviors
- Review Ecology unit
- Famous Texans research project (slides)
Our Current Week
- Purple specials day
- Last QUEST class of the school year
- Red specials day
- Learning check in science - inherited traits and learned behaviors
- Orange specials day
- Track Meet permission form due - see details below
- Yellow specials day
- Famous Texans slides due (working on this at school)
- Green specials day
- 4th & 5th Grade Track Meet
Track & Field Meet - Friday 5/20
Our 4th and annual track meet will be held at Vista Ridge High School on Friday, May 20th. This is a highly anticipated event that the students look forward to every year. If you haven't already done so, please fill out the online permission slip below.
Volunteers will be needed to help make this event a success, so consider sharing your time if you're able!
Floating Away to 5th Grade
Living Museum Day Performance Schedule
- 10:00 - 11:00 - Flores, Eddy, & Weltzin homerooms perform - YEEEEE HAAAWWW!
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Beasley & LaCombe homerooms perform
- 1:30 - 2:30 - Lau & Heim homerooms perform
We would love to see you on Living Museum day! Feel free to come and support your little Davy Crockett, Bessie Coleman, or Ladybird Johnson if you are able. Performances will occur as scheduled above and will be upstairs in the 4th grade neighborhood.
A few reminders -
- Poster board for the museum displays was sent home Wednesday, May 11th. If students would like to use something other than the white posterboard we provide, they are welcome to. Museum displays must be completed at home and are due back to school no later than Wednesday, May 25th.
- While students are expected to dress as much like their Texan as possible on museum day, it is not our intent for you to purchase items specifically for this purpose. Let us know if you have any questions.
- A one minute video of last year's Living Museum can be found below if you would like to see what the event has been like in the past.
Classroom Supply Wish List
Mrs. Weltzin: Click to view my classroom wishlist on Amazon
Mrs. Eddy: Nothing at this time