Mrs. Bennett's First Grade Class
September 13, 2013
We will be finishing and testing on our unit of understanding addition. We will be beginning our unit on understanding subtraction. Finding the missing part is VERY DIFFICULT. Please take the time to look at the math mats coming home next week and create some sample questions to practice at home. Our learning target is: I can represent and solve problems with subtraction.
Feel free to continue reading and writing numbers up to 120 and solving simple addition problems. My website has a lot to help! Go to math and then either numbers, addition, addition story problems, subtraction, or subtraction story problems.
Also, feel free to visit my website and go to the writing tab. There are some fun games in green.
Reading / Phonics
- ch: the c brother is always sneezing on the h brother. He forms his hand into a c and goes ch, ch, ch as he sneezes.
- th: the t brother is always sticking out his tongue at the h brother.
- sh: the s brother has a snake that the h brother is scared of. The h brother goes around saying "Shhh, don't wake up the snake!"
- wh: the w brother is always whistling at his h brother.
We are continuing our work with vowel town to help us learn our vowel sounds.
- We have snack every day at 2:00.
- We go to the library on Thursday mornings. Please leave your child's library books in their backpack so they can trade every week.
- Your child brought home a fundraiser for the Walkathon. All money is due by September 18. Thanks for your support!
Tuesday - Art
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - PE
Friday - Art