RMS Monday Message
Monday, November 14, 2022
In the Groove!
1) Quarter 1 ended on Thursday and Quarter 2 starts today.
2) Report Card Conferences are on Monday 11/21 and Tuesday 11/22. See the graphic below for Pick-A-Time conference sign up information. Please note that Monday 11/21 and Tuesday 11/22 will be Half-Days for Students. Dismissal is at 11:00am.
3) Thanksgiving Break is Wednesday 11/23 though Friday 11/25. Students return to school on Monday 11/28. Enjoy the well-deserved time off!
4) Modified Winter Sports begin on 11/28. See below for more information.
5) Drama Club Production - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, will be on 12/9 and 12/10 at 7pm in the RMS Gymnasium.
Important Upcoming Dates
11/14 through 11/21 - Scholastic Book Fair
11/18 - RMS PE's "Turkey Bowl" Flag Football Tournament 3:30 BHS Turf
11/21 - Board of Education Meeting
11/21 and 11/22 - Report Card Conferences & Half-Days for Students
11/23 through 11/25 - No School - Thanksgiving Break
11/27 - Spirit Wear Orders Due (See PTO News Below)
11/28 - Modified Sports Begin
12/1 and 12/2 - 6th Grade PE Bowling Trip to Spins Bowl
12/7 - PTO Meeting
12/8 and 12/9 - 7th Grade PE Bowling Trip to Spins Bowl
12/8 - RMS Winter Concert 7pm @ the BHS Theater
12/9 and 12/10 - Drama Club Production - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer- 7pm - RMS Gymnasium
12/12 - Board of Education Meeting
12/15 and 12/16 - 8th Grade PE Bowling Trip to Spins Bowl
12/22 through 1/2 - Winter Break - No School for Students
1/3 - Students return to School
Report Card Conference Info
Report Card Conferences are on Monday 11/21 and Tuesday 11/22. The Afternoon Conferences on Monday 11/21 are virtual and will be from 12pm until 2:50pm. The Evening Conferences on Monday 11/21 are in person and will run from 5pm until 8 pm. The Afternoon Conferences on Tuesday 11/22 are virtual and will be from 12pm until 2:50pm.
Please sign up for your conference using Pick-A-Time, just like last year. See the graphic below with more info on how to sign up. The scheduler will open at 5pm today.
Reminder that both conference days are Half-Days for students. Dismissal is at 11:00am. Both Monday and Tuesday will be "B-Days" for students. On Monday 11/21, students will attend periods 1, 2, 7, and 8. Breakfast is available at the normal, before school time. On Tuesday 11/21, students will attend periods 3, 4, 5, and 6. There will not be breakfast served before school, however, breakfast will be available during lunch periods.
Modified Winter Athletics Information
Before Monday 11/28, make sure that your student is sign up on and approved on FamilyID. For more information on this, follow this link to be directed to our BCSD Athletics Website: https://www.beaconk12.org/domain/28
RMS PE's 1st Annual Turkey Bowl Flag Football Tournament!
We encourage everyone to attend to come cheer on! It's going to be a fun event with our flag games, music, and a concession stand by our PTO.
Questions? Contact your student's PE teacher.
We are proud of you!
WOW, what a workout
The PE Department has been doing fitness testing the last few weeks in class. They wanted to give a special shoutout to all of our students for trying their very best. They also wanted to share some impressive records...
Pacer Test Record:
6th Grade- Zyaire West, 60 laps
7th Grade- A tie, Caellum Tripaldi & Jake DeLuise, both with 100 laps
8th Grade- Marci Rodriguez, 80 laps
Mile Run Record:
6th Grade- Emmett Bram, 7 minutes and 1 second
7th Grade- A tie, Caellum Tripaldi, 5 minutes and 52 seconds and Jake DeLuise, 5 minutes and 54 seconds
8th Grade- Travis Dickston, 6 minutes and 30 seconds
Sit Up Challenge Record:
6th Grade- A tie, Leela Ramdeen & Amber Perez Sample with 325 sit ups
7th Grade- Nolan Murphy, with 285 sit ups
8th Grade- Slater Way, with 300 sit ups
Wall Sit Record:
6th Grade- A tie, Samson Loeb & Jaliyah Vasquez with 1 hour and 7 minutes
7th Grade- Zora Nicholls, 30 minutes and 11 seconds
8th Grade- Lauren Antonucci, 10 minutes and 1 second
Plank Challenge Record:
6th Grade- Landon Soltish, 8:00 minutes
7th Grade- Mark Aakjar, 9 minutes and 10 seconds
8th Grade- Jayshon Lopez, 10 minutes and 1 second
Congrats on the hard work!
Spins Bowling Trip with RMS PE
**Students will attend the bowling trip according to their ELA/ English teacher**
Thurs, Dec 1 (Thomaselli/Gonzalez/Eraca)
Fri, Dec 2 (Simms/Briehof/Lepere)
Thurs, Dec 8 (Holliday/Fahlman/Woolley)
Fri, Dec 9 (Winkelmann/Kondor)
Thurs, Dec 15 (Cavagnaro/Winther/Woolley)
Fri, Dec 16 (Karnavezos/Kondor)
Questions? See Mr. Guillet.
eSports Club News from Mr. Junjulas
Book Fair News from Ms. D'ottavio!
Rombout PTO News
Our next meeting will be Wednesday 12/7 at 7pm in the RMS Library. It is a great way to find out about RMS happenings, share your questions or concerns, and meet great people. Here are a few things we have going on:
1. Can you help sell books? Ms. Dottavio is holding a Scholastic Book Fair in the library next week. Your student will visit with their ELA class and also have the option to shop during their lunch/recess period. Volunteer in the library for a 1.5 or 2 hour shift any day this week Nov 14 - 18. Sign up at here https://signup.com/go/FrFBcrr
2. The RMS Turkey Bowl, flag football tournament is November 18th. It will be held after school until approximately 7pm. The PTO will be running a concession stand during the event. We are looking for volunteers and food donations. Please check out our sign up here list https://signup.com/go/VXnOreM
3. The RMS Spirit Wear store is open. Order from our online shop at https://myarlingtonink.com/Rombout until 11/27. Spirit wear makes great holiday gifts! Merchandise will be delivered to your child's homeroom before the break, or you can email us to make arrangements for items to be picked up.
Stay connected with us! Email your contact info with students name and grade to RomboutPTO@gmail.com and we will include you on our mailing list. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram too!
Instagram & Twitter: @RomboutMS