Reading Work Sample Final Project
to be completed during finals
- Your job is to pick a piece of text that is of interest to you. It could be a short story, a magazine article, or an educational essay (it can be a portion of a text also).
- You will annotate the text and insert and image of your annotations.
- You will write questions for the text using the three levels of questions covered in class.
- You will write complete answers to the questions you posed.
- You will submit this project electronically.
Step 1 - Begin Your Flier
Create a new flier, title it and include your name in the subtitle section.
Step 3 - Annotate and Insert a Picture
- On your own notebook paper, create two column notes for the text
- Be sure to show that you are "interacting" with the text not merely reading it.
- Create a new box and take a picture of your annotated notes, insert the picture of the notes (title this box "Annotations")
Step 4 - Write Questions
Create a new text box in Smore (title this box "Questions") and write six questions:
- two understanding questions
- two interpretation questions
- two evaluation questions
Step 5 - Answer Questions
Create a new text box in Smore (title this box "Answers") and answer the questions you posed in Step 4.
Step 6 - Done Editing and Turn In
- On the upper right hand there is a box that says "Done Editing". Tap on this box.
- It will then "publish" your Smore.
- On the right side navigation, there is a "Link" box.
- Tap the button next to the link to copy it.
- Use the link below to submit your name and your link. Once this is done, you can continue working on and updating your Smore.