Constant Acceleration: Velocity is changing at a constant amount each second
Formula- A= (Vf - Vi)/(time)
Since acceleration is a vector quantity, it has a direction associated with it. The direction of the acceleration vector depends on two things:
- whether the object is speeding up or slowing down
- whether the object is moving in the + or - direction
1. The rocket that Carol made for her art project can go from 0-200 meters in 10 seconds, what is the acceleration of the rocket?
2. If a car goes from rest to 15 m/s in 3 seconds, what is the acceleration?
3. True or false? Acceleration can be negative
4. What is it called when an object's velocity is changing at a constant amount?
1. 20 m/s, 2. 5 m/s 3. True. 4. Constant acceleration