This Week in Pre-AP Math 8
March 21 - March 25
Many students are still choosing not to bring their laptops and chargers. The ONLY acceptable reason for a student not to have them this week is if they are being repaired.
STAAR and STAAR Review - PLEASE READ!!
The problem I am having is that students are not taking this seriously and are not working on the reviews the way they need to be to ensure their success. Many students haven't even finished one review in 3 hours of class time spent. These reviews are not so long that they cannot be completed. The concern I have is that students are choosing to play and goof off rather than work, which is not going to help them be successful when it comes time for STAAR in just over a week. Please discuss with your student the importance of participating in the reviews and truly dedicating their attention to them.
STAAR Dates (for your reference):
Tuesday, March 29: 8th grade Math (and 7th grade Writing)
Wednesday, March 30: 8th grade Reading
Monday, May 9: 7th grade Math
Tuesday, May 10: 7th grade Reading
Wednesday, May 11: 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12: 8th grade Social Studies
Copies of Assignments
1. I post copies of all daily work and notes pages on blackboard. Students should be able to access them anywhere they have Internet connection. Also on blackboard is a calendar where I post daily entries with detailed descriptions of what was done in class that day. I also post pictures of my notebook on blackboard so that students can see any notes they have missed.
2. I attach copies of anything that is a daily grade in skyward as well. Students (and parents) can access these files.
3. Students can ask me for any work they missed as well, but this method is not the quickest way to get work, as it usually has to wait until there is a chance during class for me to pull that work.
Students are responsible for keeping up with their notebooks and making sure they get any missed notes if they are absent. They are also responsible for getting their missing work.
Tests will NOT be posted online, so if a students misses or needs to retake/correct a test or quiz, they will need to come to tutorials.
This Week In Pre-AP Math 8
- We will be continuing STAAR Review this week
- Next Test Date: STAAR, Tuesday, March 29
- Next Unit Test (tentative): May 25