The CES News
Written by: Mrs. Stegall (CES Principal) June 2015
CES Draws to the End of a Spectacular Year as it Prepares for the Upcoming 2015-2016 Year!
It has been a year full of Fun Activities and Academic Growth! There will be a lot going on this summer, as we prepare for an even Bigger and Better 2015-16 school year.
The following information is very important for everyone to know:
- All Families must have an Email Address Set up and accessibility to Family Access on the CISD Website before Online Student Registration August 6 and 7th.
- ESL Summer School begins on Monday, June 8th.
- The Public Library will be providing Special Reading Activities in the CES Library on Wednesdays, for all Students that would like to attend, during the Summer School Session.
- CES will be Hosting an invitational "JUMP START" Back to School Session that will last two weeks prior to the beginning of school. The dates and time are: Aug. 3-14 from 9:00 - 11:00.
- The transformation for the "arboREADum" will take place this summer. If anyone knows of a fishing BOAT they would like to donate, please contact me. It will be used as a Reading Boat to help build excitement and a desire to read!
CES Firefighter Fundraiser was a Huge Success! Students from Ms. Gardner's 2nd grade riding in the fire truck. Ms. Gardner and Mrs. Jone's classroom were top fundraisers!
Six 6th Weeks AR Goal Trotters' Basketball Teams
Deborah Wheat did a presentation using her Miniature horse to demonstrate to students how they can be used for play therapy and that being different can be a good thing.
Mrs. Pullen's Kinder students ready for the Circus!
Kindergarten Circus was the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!
After the Circus, the parents had a Family Picnic with their child inside their classroom.
We collected over $3800.00 that will be used during the transformation of the Atrium into the ArborREADum!! Once again, we would like to thank Guaranty Bank, Progressive Heat and Air, Fix N Feed, and Personalized Printing for supporting this event by providing the food, smoker, picnic banner, and assistance.