Ambassador Update for EduPaths
Weekly Update - 4/25 to 5/6
Dear Ambassadors and Advisory members,
It feels like we are making breakthroughs with some of our vendors and the SCECHs process. In the next month, we should see more content coming from our vendors who were awarded contracts in 2015, and we should be seeing all courses published that are currently waiting for MDE approval. Those courses are below:
- Introduction to EduPaths Course Creation
- M-Step Practice for ELA - Assesssment Pathway
- Digital Math Skills - Curriculum and Instruction Pathways
- Flip Your Class - Instruction and Technology Pathways
- Building Resiliency- Foundation and Instruction Pathways
- Leaders Managing Stress - Leadership Pathway
- Getting Started with Blogging in the Classroom - Instruction and Technology Pathways
The number of EduPaths users continues to increase. EduPaths users - 1,926 (up from 1,723) as of today - Friday, May 6; Twitter followers also increases daily - currently at 236.
To provide a short update of the things we are currently working on:
- Summer PD Flyer - Continue to reach out to the host ISDs to promote the trainings at their site. Use this to recruit and invite educators in your region!!
- Still working on statewide conference sites to host booths
- Partnerships continue to increase - We did not cover this in Advisory; more to come on this
- Another Twitter Chat is scheduled for Tuesday, May 10 @ 8:30 pm - Developing Quality Assessments at #EduPaths. Focus is on the Assessment pathway. Join us!
- New Video: Searching by SCECHs on EduPaths on the Resources page
Applications Submitted for Summer PD
- Saginaw ISD - 57
- Wayne RESA - 11
- Oakland Schools - 7
- Marquette-Alger RESA - 5
- TBISD - 4
- KRESA - 2
- Muskegon ISD - 2
We have capacity for 40 participants per site! Looking forward to filling up all sessions!
Where Have We Been?
- Danielle - Top 10 TRIG Presentation in Lansing
- Jake & Kim - Personalized Learning Conference Booth @ Kent ISD
- Molly - Michigan ASCD Board presentation in Lansing
- Kim - EdCamp in Detroit
Resources for Ambassadors
- The G-Presentation is available for showcasing EduPaths.
- School Improvement presentation coming soon...
- SWIVL How-Tos for those who will be presenting at School Improvement Conferences
- The updated list is courses for SCHECHs
- Our updated list of External link courses/resources
Things we are still working on (our ongoing short-list)...
- Working through appropriate language for DPPD for our documentation for districts to use
- NEW a way to display # of SCECHs for new users on the Course Description page
- STILL adding curriculum standards to the site - Ken is working on a different way to import standards without manually adding them one by one!
- STILL working to add content that was created outside of Canvas...getting closer to breakthroughs in this!
You are doing great things at your sites - and supporting us, too!! Thank you all!!
Jake Gentry, Kim Garcia, Molly Bruzewski, and Ron Madison