Registered Dental Assistant
Start your new dental career with Butte County ROP
Apply to Participate in Butte County ROP's Registered Dental Assistant Program
This program will teach students the necessary manipulative skills and knowledge for employment as a dental assistant.
Classroom instruction covers dental anatomy, dental radiology, coronal polish, pit and fissure sealants, dental instruments and equipment, first aid and CPR. Each student will participate in clinical training which includes instruction in a dental office working side by side with the dentist and staff.
Upon completion, students receive the following certificates: Certificate of Competency, California Dental Radiation Safety, Coronal Polish, Infection Control and Dental Practice Act and Pit and Fissure Sealants. Students will be eligible for the Registered Dental Assistant Examination offered by the Dental Board of California.
- *Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- TB clearance and Hepatitis B immunization required
- Find out more at: https://cte.bcoe.org/registered-dental-assistant.html
- Class is a combination of lecture, laboratory and community classroom experiences
- Please check our website for upcoming class dates and times.
- This course is approved for federal financial aid. Please complete a FAFSA application to determine eligibility.
- ROP's school code is 042205.