Lions Park Paw Prints
Letter from the PTO Co-Presidents
Dear Lions Park Families,
It is hard to believe that we are closing out the month of October. We were so glad that today we were able to have a more traditional Halloween around Lions Park. Classes spent the afternoon participating in Halloween parties making crafts, playing games, and having some fun! It was so wonderful to be able to bring this tradition back this year! Thank you to all the parent volunteers who attended and for creating engaging activities for the kids to enjoy.
The PTO is excited to announce that the Turkey Shoot is back this year. The Turkey Shoot is a family basketball activity hosted by the PTO. Parents and children team up for three shooting activities. The Turkey Shoot will be held on Friday November 12th from 4:30-7pm in the Lions Park gym. Due to Covid restrictions, we need all families who plan to attend, to sign up using this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c44a4a72ca2fc1-2021. We need volunteers to make the event successful. To volunteer, sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c44a4a72ca2fc1-turkey1.
The updated Lions Park directory is now available to all families who signed up for PTO membership.
● If you are new to Lions Park or Directory Spot AND signed up to be a PTO member: You should have received an email with instructions on how to set up your Directory Spot password to receive access to the directory.
● If you have used Directory Spot in the past AND signed up to be a 2021-22 PTO member: Open your Directory Spot app, log in, and you are good to go! If you have not signed up, visit this link: https://lionsparkpto.com/product/pto-family-membership/
We are excited to announce that our next PTO meeting will be held in person. We will be meeting in the Staff Lounge at Lions Park. We welcome all parents to attend to find out more about the PTO. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Next PTO Meeting: Monday November 1, 2021 at 7pm
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mallory Reyes and Monica Janiczek Lions Park PTO Presidents
PTO board members:
● Co-Presidents: Mallory Reyes and Monica Janiczek
● Co-Vice Presidents: Patty Susmarski and Sarah Deitch
● Treasurer: Jackie Foley
● Secretary: Emme Higgason
Parent and Teacher Conferences
- All parents at in-person conferences must wear a mask. If you prefer to confer without a mask, please request a Zoom conference.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entry to the building.
- Maintaining social distance of 6 feet with staff.
If you have any Covid symptoms (or active Covid cases within your home) should notify the teacher and plan to connect over Zoom or reschedule.
Everyone has different comfort levels related to touch and distance. Our staff will refrain from shaking hands and getting close to you. We ask that you respect anything the teacher may have in place to keep themselves and you feeling safe.
We also learned this week that students with any food dye or food remnants around their mouth may make the test inconclusive.
We will let you know if we get an inconclusive result for your child or if they don't produce enough saliva.