The " intense joy or delight "
- Muscle cramping
- Involuntary teeth clenching
- Blurred vision
- Can cause seizures
- Results in death by a heart attack, or a stroke.
How does ecstasy impact on the central nervous system?
Prepares us for physical action by creating physiological changes that might include the release of Adrenalin & other stress hormones.
How does ecstasy impact the endocrine system?
Ecstasy can squeeze the endorphin glands in your brain.
- Can impact the endocrine system by causing hypnotremia.
- Endocrine system makes hormones, ecstasy can damage the hormones neurons.
Is ecstasy genetic?
- If the parents were addicted to ecstasy, it can make the child more vulnerable to drugs.
- If the mother used ecstasy or other drugs while being pregnant, it can cause her to have a miscarriage or have a stillborn.
Percentage of population that is affected by ecstasy is 34.7%
Interesting facts about ecstasy...
- Ecstasy may have theraputic benefits & is now being tested as a treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder ( PTSD ) & anxiety associated with cancer.
- Known as a party drug.