Kilgore Intermediate School November 11, 2015
KIS PLC Agenda for Next Week...
Due to benchmark testing on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, training at Region 7 on Thursday, and an Early Release day on Friday next week, I am not sure when the best time would be for each PLC to plan for the week we return from Thanksgiving break. ***Please talk with your team and let me know what day and time will work best for you by this Friday, November 13th.***
Agenda according to scope and sequences:
5th Grade ELAR
- Reading: Walk Two Moons (Fig 19 A-F 5.6C)
- Writing: not listed on scope and sequence
- SS: not listed on scope and sequence
4th Grade ELAR
- Reading: Poetry (4.4A, 4.8A)
- Writing: Expository; Similes, Idioms, Commas (4.21Cii)
- SS: Missions Ch. 4 Lesson 2 (2D, 2E, 12A, 12G, 14B, 17D)
5th Grade Math:
- Measurement & Conversions (5.7A, 5.1A-G)
5th Grade Science:
- Review and Catch Up
- Earth and Space; The Water Cycle (5.8B*, 3.8B, 4.8B)
4th Grade Math/Science:
- Math: Data Analysis (4.9A, 1A-G)
- Discuss introducing Division (arrays & area) 4.4E and (partial quotients and standard algorithm) 4.4F, 4.4H***
- Science: How do people change Earth's surface? Unit C Ch. 5 Lesson 4 (4.7C***)
Dibels Oral Reading Fluency
Teachers - Please fill in the updated information on the spreadsheets I shared with you in Google Drive by the end of the day on Friday, November 20th so we may track progress.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please let me know.
November Dates to Know
- 4th Grade Writing Fall Benchmark
- Begin 3rd Six Weeks
Tuesday, November 17th
- 5th Grade Science Fall Benchmark
Wednesday, November 18th
- 5th Grade Math Fall Benchmark
Thursday, November 19th
- Math Manipulatives Training at Region 7 (Timmons, Sanchez, Williams, Black, Wynn, and McElyea)
- Friendsgiving Luncheon
Friday, November 20th
- Early Release
- Thanksgiving Holiday
What can I do for you?
Christy McElyea, KIS Instructional Specialist
I believe in you.
I believe in our students.
I believe in KIS.
KISD...where every student counts!