ZBTHS - Dist. 126
Zion-Benton and New Tech @ ZB East
Zion-Benton Township High School District #126 uses a two-step process to register students for school. Participants should complete the online portion prior to the In-Person registration.
A Skyward Family Access account is required for online registration. If you have not set up your Skyward Family Access account yet, please see the attached letter for detailed instructions or visit the Family Access tab on our website at https://www.zbths.org/Page/1083.
Online Registration: July 1 - Aug 11
Online registration opens Monday, Junly 1, 2023. Student Online Registration will be in the Skyward Family Account. Complete each section of the registration process and upload any necessary documents. Student Online Registration allows for the parent/guardian to complete most registration items. For step-by-step instructions of the Student Online Registration process, go to https://www.zbths.org or https://www.zbths.org/ntzb and click on the “Registration” link.
In Person Registration: Aug 1 - 11
Mon - Thursday
Registration Hours at the ZBTHS Campus
All District 126 students will need to come into the ZBTHS Campus for the following (Parents/guardians are encouraged to accompany their students for Onsite Registration):
- Turn in your Category 1 & 2 Residency documents (if not submitted online)
- Turn in current Physical forms and Immunization records (if not submitted online)
- Take ID photo
- Sign and receive your Student Handbook.
- Pick up books, workbooks, Chromebooks, and PE uniforms at the Bookstore.
Note: New Tech Freshmen will receive their Chromebooks on the first day of school.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact any of the following individuals for help:
- Ms. Suzi Lehman-Principal’s Secretary – ZTBHS (847) 731-9303
- Ms. Cheri Carter-Principal’s Secretary – NT@ZB (847) 731-9800
- Miss. Aryan Betancourt-Student Services Secretary (Spanish) – ZBTHS (847) 731-9356
- Ms. Jane Cheney-Student Services Secretary – ZBTHS (847) 731-9352
Illinois School Code requires that all incoming ninth graders have a physical examination prior to their freshman year of high school. Students are required to provide proof of immunization for:
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Dtap, DTP, TdaP)
- Polio • Hepatitis B • Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (unless proof of having disease)
- Meningococcal (MCV4)
All Illinois immunization requirements can be accessed at: https://dph.illinois.gov/content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/publications/idph/topics-and-services/prevention-wellness/immunization/immunization-requirements-chart-2021.pdf
The student’s original freshman physicals are kept on file in the Health Office and can be used for athletic participation. The original freshman physical examination must be completed on the Illinois Department of Human Services’ Certificate of Child Health Examination form, turned in during Onsite Registration or your student will not be allowed to begin the school year. You can obtain a copy of this form below.
A sports physical form does NOT qualify as a freshman physical and will NOT be accepted as such. If your student is participating in high school athletics prior to you completing Online Registration, please be sure to provide the Athletic Office with a copy of your student’s physical examination.
Please note the following on your student’s State of Illinois Physical Examination form:
- Health history must be completed, signed and dated by the parent or guardian.
- Immunization section must be completed, signed and dated by a doctor or the Health Department.
- The physical section must be completed, signed, and dated by a doctor.
Prior to May 15 of each school year ninth grader must present proof of having been examined by the dentist. If a student in the ninth grade fails to present proof by May 15th, the school may hold the child's report card until one of the following occurs: the child presents proof of a completed dental examination, or the child presents proof that a dental examination will take place within 60 days after May 15th.
For Freshman and Transfers
Senior Immunization Form
New Requirement from 2019
Immunization Exemption Form
Please be advised that Zion-Benton Twp. High School District 126 will continue its increased proof of residency requirements for the upcoming school year. Parents/guardians should begin preparing now to secure the required documentation that must be provide during Online-Onsite registration.
Proof of Residency Requirements
In order for a student to attend District 126, one (1) document showing proper name and address from each of the following categories are required for verification of residency every school year:
Category I – Housing Statements
Category II – Utilities/Other
· Current property tax statement
· Electric, gas or water statement dated within the last 60 days
· Mortgage statement within 60 days
· Internet or TV provider statement dated within the last 60 days
· Current Lake County Housing Authority Family Rent Summary
· Public Aid card that displays name and address
· Blue assessment sheet from Lake County Assessor’s Office
· Closing statement for purchase of residence / warranty deed
· Current and updated signed lease. If lease is out of date, a
Month-to-Month Addendum Form from landlord indicating current occupancy is required.
If the parent/guardian is living with a relative or friend, the following process should be followed:
· Completed affidavit, with current date and ALL sections complete
· Present required residency documents above as associated with the homeowner/Leese identified on the affidavit
IMPORTANT WARNING: A person who knowingly enrolls or attempts to enroll a student known by that person to be a non-resident of the District may be guilty of a Class C misdemeanor. If a student is determined to be a non-resident of the District for whom tuition must be charged, the persons enrolling the student are liable for non-resident tuition from the date the student began attending a District 126 school as a non-resident.
Questions regarding residency and proof of residency requirements should be addressed to the Principal's Office at 847/731-9303 (Zion-Benton Twp. High School) or 847/731-9803 (New Tech High @ Zion-Benton East).