The Hazen Link
Connecting Classroom to Community ~ November 2019
November Career Cafe Schedule
Friday, November 8: Blacksmithing with James Teuscher
Friday, November 15: US Army Recruiter Jeff Bernard
Friday, November 22: Our own Ashley Muscarelli
Middle level students, please join us with your lunch in the library.
Check out the footage below from our first Career Cafe guest, Evan Karp. This video was produced through a partnership between Hazen student's Nate Moulton and John Langmaid and HCTV's Leif Goldberg. Nice job everyone!
November 7: Skyping from Senegal with Elijah Lew-Smith
Careers Using Technology: An Employer Panel
Youth Storytelling Workshops Nov. 7 & 13
Vermont Youth up to age 24:
- Do you have an adult in your life who you trust and can talk to about your questions and concerns? f yes, we want your help!
- The Vermont Network is launching a campaign to educate more Vermont adults about how to be 'askable' and supportive in the lives of youth. We're seeking youth/adult teams who are willing to talk about their relationship in a StoryCorps interview style for and audio recording or video for the campaign.
- Please join us for an evening storytelling workshop and dinner:
- Burlington November 7th
- Barre November 13th
- Youth who participate will each receive a $100 visa gift card.
For more information and to register:
(802) 223-1302 x 1117
Students may also talk to Jen Olson for more information.
Wolcott REACH! Teen Assistants - December 2nd - February 21st
REACH! is seeking assistants with a desire to work with youth to join us at our afterschool program in Hardwick. Individuals will typically work Monday through Thursday from 3pm - 5 pm.
Assistants will help lead activity staff and site coordinators maintain safe, effective learning environments for youth. These positions include supervision of youth during recreational activities. Successful candidates will include those who enjoy interacting and encouraging youth; diligent in creating a physically and emotionally safe environment; and flexibility to shift as needs arise. Staff should contribute to a positive learning environment for students, staff and the community.
Please answer the following questions in a letter of interest emailed to REACH! Director Ceilidh Galloway-Kane firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Questions: What skills and/or qualities do you have that would help children succeed? What interests or experiences do you possess that would be an asset to our program? Please list the weeks and times of day that you are available.
Create & Innovate at Spark
- Wednesdays from 11:45 - 1:30
- Thursdays from 9:45 - 11:30
Please contact Jen Olson to sign up.
Are You Interested in Starting Your Own Business?
November 19: VSAC Financial Aid Night at Hazen
Talent Search is recruiting!
November's VTeen 4-H Science Café: Infectious Diseases - How Do We Combat Them?
Saturday, November 9, 2019, 5:00-7:00 pm
University of Vermont, Davis Center, Mansfield Dining Room
FREE pizza and drinks; open to all youth in grades 7-12
Register no later than November 6