•Keeps bones strong
•calcium helps prevent breast and colon cancers, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, lower scale of obesity and higher weight management.
- Calcium originated from the latin word- calx meaning "lime"
- silvery, yellowish silver (both metallic)
- atomic mass: 40.078
- atomic # is 20
- an alkaline Earth metal
- silvery white
BOHR Diagram of Calcium
Officer Sir Humphry Davy
Report of Calcium's first arrest:
- Chilling with Potassium on the periodic table
- never found free in nature since it easily makes compounds by reacting with air and water
Calciums makes mixtures/compounds with
it rapidly forms a gray-white coating of calcium oxide and calcium nitride for reacting with the oxygenated nitrogen in the air when exposed to it.
- "Google." Google. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
- "Calcium." Pictures, Stories, and Facts about the Element in the Periodic Table. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
- "What Is Calcium's State at Room Temperature?" Ask. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
"Calcium: Reactions of Elements." Calcium»reactions of Elements [WebElements Periodic Table]. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
"Calcium (Ca) | Chemical Element." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
"The Element Calcium." It's Elemental -. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
"Water Treatment Solutions." Calcium (Ca). N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
"Chemistry of Calcium." - Chemwiki. N.p., 01 Oct. 2013. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.
"EasyBib: The Free Automatic Bibliography Composer." EasyBib. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2015.