Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to...
1/2: Opal S.
1/6: Hayden C.
1/6 Gavin P.
1/7: Annebelle S.
1/9: Jack T.
1/10: Ms. Cheryle
1/10: Ms. Cailee
1/16: Ms. Keri
1/24: Chase P.
1/28: Emma S.
1/29: Mrs. U.
1/30: Cruz U.
Happy Anniversary to....
1/25: Alexis M. (1 year)
Letter From the Director
A New Year a new set of goals! Did you know that a hundred laughs are equal, as a
healthy exercise, to ten minutes of rowing? Think about it, you don't have to leave
your house and go find a boat to row. You can just laugh. Laughter is free and fun.
Did you know it's contagious? Have you ever been in a serious meeting or in a quiet
place when something you thought of brought a smile to your face? I have a very
good friend love to be with, because we appreciate each other's sense of humor
and find silly things to laugh about. Maybe we are catching on to the healing power
of laughter! We need to laugh. We also need to become more gentle with
ourselves. Humans are the only life form that laughs. Laughing is a coping
mechanism that can help us tolerate pain. Laughter is sometimes appropriate when
we feel we need to get over self-imposed sadness. At other times, we need to deal
with the pain that we may try to disguise with humor.
What do I have to gain by laughing at myself?
When we are able to laugh at ourselves, we give others permission to also laugh,
and we share a little of ourselves. Laughing at oneself is a great technique to use
with children, because it teaches them how to develop a sense of humor.
I decided to make a list of 15 survival tips, maybe some of these will help you!
1. Take a deep breath. Take three more deep breaths.
2. Close your eyes and picture yourself somewhere, safe and relaxed.
3. Develop a professional support network.
4. Go out for lunch with a friend, and don't talk about work.
5. Take action now and make positive changes. Don't be a victim.
6. Take a bubble bath.
7. Laugh out loud at a funny joke.
8. Go try on funny clothes with a friend.
9. Find releases for your feeling of stress: dance, listen to music, walk, swim or
read a book to a child.
10. If shopping is your thing, go spend time at a mall.
11. Buy a jar of bubbles, and do what your mother told you never to do: blow the
bubbles inside the house, or keep them in your car, and blow them out your window
because you can.
12. Make a To Do List of things you have already done, just for the fun of crossing
13. Pop popcorn without a lid on the popper.
14. Play a board game with your child(ren).
15. Grab to go food, get in comfy clothes, and sit on the couch watching your
Donovan Family News
This and That
1. Please remember to dress your children according to the
weather. When the temperature is fit we take the children outdoors
to enjoy some fresh air.
2. We are asking ALL parent to NOT allow your children to hang on
the front door and NOT to touch the clock in system. We are finding
these are not lasting us and we are hoping to get a few more years out
of the system.
3. Dubuque Community School District will resume classes January
3rd. This includes the free four year old Preschool program!
4. SAVE THE DATE! Do you want to start eating healthier?
I want to start feeding my family healthier meals but I don't
have the time. Well my friend Kris is going to show us some
fast/healthy meals we can make in under 30 minutes, start to finish.
So join us: Thursday January 5th 6:30pm
GracePoint Church 3100 Windsor Ave.
RSVP to Melissa. Come HUNGRY we will be making all easy
healthy recipes and bring a friend or two, more the merrier!
5. No School for Dubuque Community School District Monday
January 16, 2017. This includes the free four year old Preschool
program. Childcare will be available. Please let Ms Jill know by e-
mailing her @ email@example.com if your children will be
6. Melissa will be teaching another CPR/First aid class on Tuesday,
January 17, 2017 starting at 6:00p.m.
7. Melissa will be out of the office and unable to be reached from
Friday January 27, 2017 through Sunday February 5, 2017. If you are
in need of any help please speak to Ms Jill.
8. SAVE THE DATE
Family Fun LOVE night will be held on Thursday February 9, 2017
starting at 6:30pm-7:30pm.