By: Shaira Corbett
Description of career:
- Dietitians and nutritionists are experts in food and nutrition. They advice people on what to eat in order to lead a healthy lifestyle or achieve a specific health-related goal. Dietitians and nutritionists work in many settings, including hospitals, cafeterias, nursing homes and schools.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Personality: Excellent communicator, have good people skills, and counseling.
- Education: A bachelors degree and have participated in supervised training, programs include courses in nutrition, physiology, chemistry and biology.
- Employment: 2010- 64,400 - projected employment 2020- 77,100.
- Average salary: $53,549
- Schools of Specialization: The University of Akron and California State University.
- Common Injury: Bulimia Nervosa, Anorexia, Binge eating disorder, diabetes, etc.
I think this career is a great help to those who are having a hard time keeping up with their regular diet and to those who have food disorders. This career can help many people become more healthy, and more wiser to not overeat. With this career, people will also have knowledge to live a healthy-lifestyle.