Onekawa School Newsletter
Week 9 Term 1, Friday 31 March
Kia ora Parents and Caregivers
In this digital age our children can be exposed to online bullying and inappropriate content.
I talked to our Year 3-6 students about the types of online bullying they may encounter. This includes:
- name calling
- repeated unwanted messages
- spreading rumours or lies
- fake accounts used to harass people
- excluding people from social activities
- embarrassing pictures, videos, websites, or fake profiles
My message to the children was if this happens to them they must immediately walk away and tell an adult.
I strongly encourage parents to have a conversation with children about internet safety and also be aware of what they are doing online.
Netsafe is an independent, non-profit online safety charity. Their website if full of excellent content on how to keep children safe online. Their website is https://netsafe.org.nz/
Have an great weekend!
Please return uniforms to the box in the office in the named plastic bag. Thanks!
Congratulations to our sports players of the day for week 8 and 9!
Action Shots from Today's Gala Sports Competition!
Action shots from Whetu Iti (Junior) classes this afternoon!
Start of school day
Our first school bell rings at 8:30am for children to enter school. If a child does arrive earlier they are required to sit in the seated area.
Please ensure children are not at school before 8:20am as we are unable to provide supervision.
If your child needs to be dropped off earlier please use the 'Schools Out' service which operates from the hall (there is a cost for this). Logan is the manager and his number is 027 418 7197.
Click the link below to get instructions on how to download our new school app!
Only parents with email addresses listed on our student management system can access the app.
Please contact the school office if you need to update your email address on our system.
Logging into Hero - Information for Families
1. Download the Hero by LINC-ED app from the app store Note: use the keywords Hero LINC-ED when searching for the app Alternatively, open your browser and enter go .linc-ed.com 2. Enter your email address. This must be the email address you supplied to the school. 3. Click NEXT.