College & Career Center Newsletter
College Application Month
In this Newsletter:
- Get your "I Applied" stickers
- Tips for making a college list, looking for scholarships, and writting essays
- Getting organized for college with Google Docs
- FAFSA, ORSAA, OR Promise & OSAC links
- Other helpful links (SchooLinks, Big Future, College Connections)
- Make Your College List - think about needs & preferences and researching options;
- College Application Information - get organized and be prepared to apply by keeping track of required materials;
- Scholarship List - track deadlines & requirements;
- Passwords and Log-ins - keep track of log in information for colleges, financial aid and scholarships;
- Activities Chart - keep a record of school, community, and personal activities.
Up to $3,000 open to graduating high school seniors of Hispanic/Latino descent who have demonstrated leadership in the classroom and community. DACA students are eligible to apply.
Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship
Act Six Scholarship - Corban & George Fox
Horatio Alger Scholarships - variety of scholarships
Kaiser Permanente Health Care Career Scholarship
Up to $10,000 renewable scholarships for a senior interested in a healthcare career at each of the public high schools in the Kaiser Permanente Northwest service area.
Jiffy Lube Teen Driver Scholarship
Gresham Rotary Scholarship (MHCC)
Application is available in Room 129;
For more scholarship info visit our C&C Center Scholarships page.
- SchooLinks - a great tool for doing your college & career research and staying organized during your application process. Use your GHS email and ID number to log in.
- Big Future by the College Board - another complex tool to help you with your college search, important deadlines, college cost, finding majors, navigating the application process, etc.
- College Connection Newsletter - helpful info and tips for students considering the college path after high school.
GHS College & Career Center
Career Coordinator: Zeke Cecilio firstname.lastname@example.org
Please come see us or email us with any college and career related questions. We are here for you and ready to help you with your post-high school planning.
Hours: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.