DATES TO KNOW
June 7th to July 2nd 8:00-11:00am, transportation will be provided
Student Surplus Device
We are using the devices for summer school and will not be able to hand them out until August.
Boone County Devices
Students may be eligible to apply and receive some Boone County Devices that are coming off the network. These Chromebooks no longer meet the Kentucky Education Technology System standards. If you are interested in potentially receiving a discontinued device, please fill out the form by June 11, 2021.
Juniors - Prestige re: Senior Pictures
There was a junior assembly Monday, 4/26, presented by Prestige regarding Senior Pictures. Ms. Caldwell has placed extra hardcopies of the flyers in the front office and some in the Yearbook classroom, room 125.
Ryle High School partners with Prestige Portraits by Lifetouch for senior portraits. To ensure consistent quality and posing, all seniors must be photographed by Prestige, who will then submit the portraits to the yearbook adviser. The deadline to be included in the yearbook and on the composite is January 13th.
We recommend scheduling your professional senior portrait session for the summer. You’ll have more flexibility in session dates and times, plus Prestige is offering us savings that are only available if you book your session during the summer. The earlier you schedule the more you save!
Book your session early for up to $15 off the Deluxe Session. The Deluxe session includes the yearbook requirement plus two additional outfits.
If you have any questions please contact Prestige Portraits (859) 578-0110 ext. 2
Congratulations, Larry A. Ryle High School Class of 2022!
Schedule your appointment online or by phone: :
No Drop Offs - Please remember that we cannot accept items in the office to be dropped-off for students during the school. Our office staff works very hard to monitor and process visitors to the school and it is not feasible to contact and coordinate items being dropped off unless an emergency exists, such as reading glasses or medicine to be kept in the school clinic.
P-EBT provides a stimulus to households with children eligible for free or reduced price school meals through National School Lunch Program (NSLP) during the COVID 19 Response. See PEBT graphical FAQ.pdf at the bottom of the newsletter for more info.
Meal Bag Ordering
This is a reminder that we are providing meal bags for ALL Hybrid & Virtual students to be picked up on Wednesdays at Ryle from 10:00am-2:00pm.
Please complete the online ordering form. The online ordering form is open on Wednesdays at 3:00pm thru Sunday night at midnight. You can visit the Boone County School website or click here.
If you need to make arrangements to pick up your meals on a different day or time, please contact us at 384-5310.
ChromebooksPlease bring your fully charged Chromebook with you to school every day.
Taking Care of your Chromebook
1. Regularly inspect both pieces of charger and cord for frayed wires, or other issues. Make sure that the device is not plugged in during inspection.
2. Shut down the chromebook when not in use. This requires selecting the power button in the lower right corner, and not just closing the lid.
3. When charging the chromebook, be sure that the charger cord is firmly plugged in at the device and at the charger block. No loose connections.
4. Never try to charge the chromebook with a charger from another type of device, such as a cell phone. This could cause permanent damage to the chromebook, or charger.
5. Always use your chromebook on a hard surface such as a desk or lap board. Mobile devices must have air access all around it for cooling. Sitting the device on a blanket, or pillow can cause it to overheat.
6. Do not cover the chromebook or the charger with anything while plugged in. The device can overheat while charging if it is covered.
7. Do not use chemicals to wipe off the screen, and do not spray ANY liquids directly on the screen. Use only wipes or sprays designed for electronics. Spray cleaner on cloth and then wipe lightly.
8. For devices with swivel cameras, do not continuously spin the camera. It is sensitive and easily broken. Handle only when needed.
9. Inform school staff about any issues that you have with the device. Small issues can turn into big issues.
School Fee Payment - CLICK HERE
We need members!! Help us Protect The Ship and consider joining the PTSA
CLICK HERE for a link to sign up
This is a vital organization in the support of our school, please join
· Ryle HS is launching its use of YouScience, a computer-based series of brain games that assists in matching aptitude to careers. This is part of the yearly requirement for a student’s Individual Learning Plan. Students were sent an email to their Boone County email through the games in order to receive an in-depth analysis of strengths and careers that utilize those skills. If you need the email resent, please email Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org Directions and a suggested timeline are attached with a link to activate their account.
Just a reminder: If you are in need of assistance with clothing, food, hygiene products or other additional resources, please contact the Youth Services Center at 859-283-3233 or email@example.com
- Be sure you are checking your grades and staying on task.
12th Grade Students:
· Join the CANVAS Course: Senior Class of 2021 if you haven’t already and be sure to check it weekly. The year will start to get extremely busy for seniors and this will be the place that houses all things seniors need to know.
· FINAL TRANSCRIPTS: ALL Transcripts can be ordered using www.parchment.com. Directions have been sent to each senior via the Senior Canvas Page. All questions can be directed to Pam Jones, Registrar.
· SERVICE HOURS: Seniors need to complete 10 total hours. These must be submitted to Mrs. Mann in room 100. You can contact her (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how many hours you have or for other questions. Service Form: https://www.boone.kyschools.us/docs/building/4/school%20docs/communityservice.pdf?id=591940
· CIVICS TEST: ALL seniors must complete the senior CIVICS exam prior to graduation. Watch this brief video for more information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12QIocZYPDaSH56P2WSx2jbz7mZJMolCy/view?usp=sharing. Be sure to email or drop off your completion certificate to Mrs. Hanser in the library.
· SENIOR SHIRTS: They are in! Pick them up during school hours in room 119.
· SENIOR PORTRAITS: Please check the Senior Canvas page for more information.
ESS tutoring is still being provided regularly. Get the help you need by contacting one of our tutors.
Tutoring is available in English, Science, Social Studies, Algebra and Geometry, as well as Business Courses and Spanish. Please contact the tutor listed on the schedule to coordinate date, time, and location(in person or Google Meet). You can find the tutor contact details on the Ryle website at: https://www.boone.kyschools.us/4/Content/22498
If you have additional questions about out tutoring programs, please contact Amy Grant at email@example.com.