St Bernadette's Primary School
NEWSLETTER | TERM 4 | WEEK 2 | 21 October 2022
Message from Geordie
Good afternoon Families,
Thank you to our community who crossed their fingers, said a little prayer and thought dry and positive thoughts before our Athletics Carnival today! We have been very lucky with the weather and had an amazing Carnival.
All our students did so well, trying their best and having fun doing it! Congratulations to Charity House (Green Faction) for taking home the winning shield and a very well done to all our winners!
A big thank you to all our staff and parent helpers who made the day such a success!
Enjoy your weekend, see you all again on Monday for another busy week.
Night of the Notables
Night of the Notables was held this week. The Year 5 students’ hard work over the last 13 weeks has culminated in them adopting the personas of their Notables and presenting their research to all their families and friends.
Well done to Year 5, your displays were amazing and we loved seeing you all in costume!
A big congratulations to Jake J 4R, Abby S 4B, Lotoata S Y5, Alexander G Y5, Claire D Y6 and Yohann B Y6 who have been chosen to represent St Bernadette's at the Interschool Spelling Bee next week!
Please note these key points
- The school dress and tights is being phased out with a two-year transition. Dresses are not to be worn from 2024 onwards.
- The removal of sandals with a one-year transition. Sandals are not to be worn from 2023 onwards.
- All students now require the school bag.
- Pre Kindy and Kindy will wear full uniform (with their Kindy t-shirts).
- Students no longer need tuck in their red school shirt.
- Students can wear all items of the uniform throughout the year.
- Sneakers can be white and or black.
Operation Christmas Child - Thank you!
During Term 3 in 2022, the students and families of St Bernadette's Catholic Primary School participated in Operation Christmas Child. Each fortnight, students brought in items for Something To Love, Something to Play With, Something for Personal Hygiene, Something for School and Something to Wear.
The generosity of the families was overwhelming!
The Year 6 Leaders in the Arts and MJR Ministries helped collect items from each classroom. The students carefully assembled and packed the items, generating a total of 110 boxes for Operation Christmas Child to be sent to children in need.
This was a huge success, thanks to the dedication of the students and families who supported this initiative and the Year 6 Students who worked behind the scenes to promote this each week.
Thank-you for your support and generosity. We received a lovely letter from Samaritans Purse which is shown below.
Pupil Free Day - Monday 7 November 2022
Things to look out for next week
- Scottish Dancing - Monday 24 October: 3.15 - 4.00pm
- CEWA Chess Tournament - Tuesday 25 October
- Ricky Grace Basketball - Wednesday 19 October: 7.45 - 8.30am
- Year 3 Penguin Island Excursion - Thursday 27 October
- Interschool Spelling BEE - Thursday 27 October
- Year 5 Scitech Excursion - Friday 28 October
Live Calendar 2022
School Term Dates 2022
Term 4 Monday 10/10/2022 - Friday 09/12/2022
Pupil Free Dates 2022