Eagle Friday News and Notes
October 26, 2018
Students practice some Monkey Moves during Eagle Family Friday!
Students played a game of fall themed Headbanz during Eagle Family Friday!
Students in Mrs. Marshall's class work with STEM Coach, Mrs. Haas, to plant bulbs in our new outdoor learning space!
First graders check out ZFD Ambulance! Thank you Zionsville Fire Department!
Students learn about the rescue truck and ask many great questions!
2nd graders make it out of the safety trailer and to the mailbox as they practice safe evacuations.
Thank you members of scout pack 358 for rebuilding our lending library and presenting it to Mrs. Ottinger this morning!
Kindergarten students learn about school bus safety!
This is the one!
Gigi found the perfect pumpkin on the Kindergarten field trip to Dull's Tree Farm!
October 29 -Red Ribbon Week (See this list of dress up days in the Counselor's Corner below)
- Vision screenings will be held by Lion's Club volunteers for all first and third students on Monday October 29th. Parents- please be sure that student's with glasses/or contacts have them for testing on that day.
November 2 - 3rd Grade Dad's Club Breakfast
November 6 - Picture Retake Day, Election Day
November 12 - Veteran's Day Program 9:30
November 14 - Eagle Hosts Safety Partners meeting (You may notice an increased presence of law enforcement vehicles this morning)
November 15 - Coffee with the Principal @ 8:00 and 9:00
November 21-23 - Thanksgiving Break! No School
A Message from our PTO
- Thank you to everyone who donated to Jog-A-Thon 2018! With money still trickling in, we are just a few hundred dollars shy of our goal.
- Food/Gift Card Donations Needed!! Each month the PTOs from the various Zionsville Community Schools provide lunch for the ZCS Maintenance Crew as a THANK YOU for their hard work. Please help us put on a great lunch November 2nd. Sign-up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054bacae2eaa8-20181
- The Eagle Extravaganza Auction Committee needs volunteers to help solicit donations for our biggest Spring fundraiser, the Eagle Extravaganza, being held on March 1st! Please contact Marcia Rosenfeld (email@example.com) if you would be willing to help on this critical committee. A co-chair is also needed! Our first meeting will take place near the end of October, so that we can begin soliciting those donations that require several months of lead time. If you have connections to local or even non-local businesses that would be willing to provide a gift card or product donation for our Auction, please let Marcia know. We have a list of businesses to contact, but are always looking for new items to offer for the Auction.
- The Eagle PTO is happy to announce that $3,300 has been awarded in grants for the fall grant cycle to support innovative learning opportunities and other essential classroom needs for our students at Eagle Elementary. This included grant funding to support the purchase of STEM related games and activities as well as technology to enhance classroom learning opportunities. Congratulations to the recipients of these grant funds!
- Chess club for grades 1-4 (running Wednesdays Nov 7 - spring break) is now open for registration. Parent volunteering is required. There are six slots per grade with priority to last year’s club members so sign up soon! https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/chess1819
- Doing any holiday shopping? Make sure your smile.amazon.com account is linked to your school (Eagle-Pleasantview PTO Inc.) and shop through smile.amazon.com at no cost to you. Extra percentage on 10/29.
- Link your Kroger Plus Card to EAGLE ELEMENTARY in Zionsville (BE706) and Kroger will donate a portion of your purchases to our school. *You must sign up to link your card each year* Please sign up today!
Counselor's Corner - Red Ribbon Week Edition
Red Ribbon Week represents the nation’s oldest and largest drug prevention awareness campaign held every year during the last week in October. For Red Ribbon Week this year we have fun dress up days to correspond with healthy lifestyle choices, Officer Holtz will share a Red Ribbon Healthy Choice Fact during the morning announcements each morning, and Mrs. Radivan and Miss Jackson will be teaming up during Wellness classes all week to provide lessons and activities that encourage choices that result in a safe and healthy life!
Mon (10/29) Wear RED Day
Tues (10/30) Hat Day -"Hats off to a healthy lifestyle"
Wed (10/31) Crazy Sock Day -"Sock-it to bad choices"
Thurs (11/1) Neon Color Day - "We are so bright"
Fri (11/2) Wear your favorite sports team Day -"Team up to make safe choices"
Have great weekend and a great week ahead!
Thank you for joining us for parent-teacher conferences earlier this month. Your child’s report card is now available on Power School for you to view. Power School is where you can go to access report cards, find your child’s test history or view attendance information.
To access your child’s report card, simply login to PowerSchool (using your parent login or your child’s login) and click on the Report Card link located in the left-hand menu. If you need help please visit our website: https://www.zcs.k12.in.us/apps/pages/powerschool_parent_portal All future report cards will be stored in this location, so you will always be able to access/view your child’s report cards in one place.
If you have any problems viewing/accessing your child’s report card, please contact your school’s main office.
School Lunch Information
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Field Trip Chaperones
Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
After Prom Workers
Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
Classroom Guest Speakers
Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.