A Peek At Our Week
We continue working on our Historical Fiction Unit.
- Growing Background Knowledge to Deepen Understanding
- Impact of Setting and Events on the Character
- Recognizing How Behaviors and Influenced by Historical Context
- Determining Main Idea for "Scenes"
- Genre of Persuasive Writing
- Purpose of Public Service Announcements
- Analyzing the Craft of PSA's
- Generating Ideas for PSA's
- Choosing a Meaningful Topic
This week in Revising and Editing, the skill covered is: Capitalize Abbreviations, Acronyms, Organizations
- Continue Financial Literacy
- Discuss Community
- Work Place
- Prepare for Job Interviews
If your child is interested in running for town Mayor or Judge, they will have to prepare a speech and say it in front of the 5th grade class. Both positions are voted on by their peers.
Job Interviews will be on Monday, April 18th during school. Thank you to all of the parent volunteers for conducting the interviews.
Classroom News/Upcoming Events
- 4/11- No visitors please (3rd-4th grade testing)
- 4/15- Boosterthon Fun-Run: 2:15-3:15
- 4/15- Library Day
- 4/18- BizTown Interviews