A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of Dec. 18 and Jan. 5
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- District Training on Monday, December 18
- Campus Training on Tuesday, December 19 **You can wear jeans!**
- Secret Santa Reveal on Tuesday, December 19
- Teacher Work Day on Wednesday, January 3
- Start of 2nd Semester on Thursday, January 4
- Data PLCs (Gr 1-5) on Friday, January 5
- RtI Updates on Monday, January 8
- Family Reading Night Planning Meeting on Tuesday, January 9 at 3:30 pm (Room 3)
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, January 10
- Grade Level House Parties during Specials on Wednesday, January 10
- UIL Team Rosters due to Helton Thursday, January 11
- Kindergarten ABC Parade on Friday, January 12
- Planning PLC with Judy York on Friday, January 12
Triad Meetings + Action Plan
From Your Captain
Make sure you are clear on what the TEK/content objective is for the lesson and that it is clear to students. Reading objective for lesson should be tied to the comprehension skill that is focus on shared reading and reinforced during guided reading. The same correlation should take place for other content areas.
Be specific on how you will assess student learning in lesson plan to ensure there is a clear way for you to know as a teacher if students are successful on skill you are expecting students to master. How will you know if students have mastered skill?
Emergency Drill Clarifications
During a lockdown DRILL, you should put a red/green card in your window to let us know all students are accounted for. Students should be hiding out of the way of all windows. If you do not have a way to lock your door, students should go to the nearest room with a locking door. Make sure your substitutes understand this procedure.
For all drills, if a student is not with you, you should be holding up a red card. It doesn't matter if this student is in a pull-out program like dyslexia or with the nurse in the office. If you can't see the student (but the student is at school) then you must hold up a red card.