Newsletter Feb 08-12
Mrs. Calta & Mss Barnett
Feb 1 Happy Birthday Callista!
Feb 4 Happy Birthday Serena!
Feb 8 Biography information Packet is going home on Monday, 2/8. Due date is 2/29.
Feb 11 Casa Mañana field trip. Please pack a disposable lunch.
Feb 12 Spelling Test.
Feb 12 Valentines's card exchange. Valentine box or bag may be brought to school on this date. Your teacher will supply a class list.
Feb 12 last day for donations for “Jump Rope for Heart"
Feb 12 “Jump Rope for Heart Stations” during PE.
Feb 15 Professional learning day for our staff. No school for students!
Feb 16 It is Class and Individual picture day. No lunch visitors TODAY!
Feb 16 PTA meeting at 6:30pm
Feb 22 Happy Birthday Ajooni!
Mar 3 Happy Birthday Lillian!
Apr 15 World Fest
3rd 9 weeks!
Reading: Next week we will be reading: The One Room School house.
We will do several activities with these texts to build comprehension and fluency.
Language: We will focus on: Dictionary Skills
Spelling: Friday Feb 12 .
Math: Base ten relationship applied to money
Social Studies: How innovations and technology change the way we live.
Science: Natural Resources vs Mad made.
SPELLING SPANISH WORDS FOR TEST ON FEB 12
1. ..............fabuloso (fabulous)
2. ..............humo (smoke)
3. ..............tiburón (shark)
4. .............. venir (to come)
5. .............. tomar (to drink)
6. ..............lana (wool)
7. ..............león (lion)
8. .............. tapa (cover)
9............... comer (to eat)
10.............. chiquito (a) (masculine and feminine adjective for little)
For words in English/Spanish:
* Practice the words for test next test.
* Remember to write your words with lower cases.
* Every word is worth 10 points. If the word is spelled correctly and all the letters are right.
* The use off upper cases will be worth 1 point off your total grade.
* A missing or misplaced accent in Spanish words are considered a mistake.
* Find some swimming pics at our websites. Mss. Barnett at msbarnett2nd.weebly.com and Mrs. Calta at mrscalta.weebly.com.
* A reminder that we have just finished up a 9 weeks grading period. Be sure to take a peek in your child's portfolio in Skyward for end of grading period report cards.
*We do have various bugs making the rounds of our classes, including confirmed cases of flu and strep. If your child begins to complain about not feeling well, you might want to take a close look!
*Just a friendly reminder that students should be reading their guided reading books (in the gallon size bag) every school night and they should be reading them out loud to someone or something (they can read to their parents, pet, stuffed animal, etc.) . Also, don't forget to fill out the guided reading log! Mrs. Barnett.
*Save a Pringles potato chip can for upcoming biography projects at home. More information and due date to come!
* In both classes, we will be starting taking off a point for each time that students forget to add a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence and taking off a point for when they miss a period at the end of a sentence in their writing.
* Chaperones that were selected from the rifle to come to Casa Mañana:
Blue Group (Mrs Calta): Adriana (Margarita's mom) and Chasity L. (Abby L's mom)
Green Group (Mrs Barnett): Jennifer (Sophia's mom) and Katie M. (Brooks' mom)
* For English spelling words: The Words Their Way spelling lists, students should log onto
Spelling City to practice their words. They will use this link to access Spelling City: http://www.spellingcity.com/MsBarnett2/
* If you are considering sending birthday snack for the class remember that it has to be peanut free.
* Our web sites: Mss. Barnett at msbarnett2nd.weebly.com Mrs. Calta at mrscalta.weebly.com. You can find some extra information about the teachers, academic support games and pretty soon pictures from the class.
Suggestions for improving Spanish Vocabulary at home
o Read Easy Spanish book of your choice.
o Spend some time on my web for fun activities in Spanish: http://mrscalta.weebly.com
o Watch cartoons and movies in Spanish.
NDWDZ for Mrs Neitheva Calta
PF48R for Ms Brittany Barnett
Spanish Immersion Parent Collaborative 2015-2016
March 17 ...............9:00 AM/ 6:30 PM
May 12 ...................9:00 AM/ 6:30 PM
Adress for the meetings:
400 West Main Street