ELAR Week 2.2
Plot in Fiction, Main Idea & Details in Expository Text
Summary of week
We will finish up our Write Your Own Children's Book Project.
We will annotate and take quizzes over main idea on Newsela.com.
This Week's Stations
- Fiction Practice (5.6A)
- Write Your Own Children's Book Project (5.6A)
- Newsela- Main Idea (5.11A)
Tuesday Objective- We will describe incidents that advance the story by answering plot and foreshadowing questions for a fiction passage.
Enter the Game Pin written on the board.
Nickname: a combination of your and your partner's names
Wednesday Objective- We will summarize the main ideas and details in expository text by annotating and answering quiz questions on passages we choose on Newsela.com.
- Log in.
- Pick an article from your "Binder."
- Choose the lowest reading level to start with.
- Annotate the passage by writing a say for each chunk.
- Take the quiz.
- Pick a second passage:
If you make a 100 on the first quiz, the next passage should be at a higher reading level.
If you make a 75 on the first quiz, the next passage should be at the same reading level or lower.
If you make less than a 75 on the first quiz, the next passage should be at a lower reading level.
Thursday Objective- We will describe incidents that advance the story by strategically highlighting questions, summarizing each page of a story and answering quiz questions on a Google form.
- Highlight important info in questions 27-32 of the packet.
- Read the passage.
- Write a SAY for each page.
- Answer the questions.
- Log into Google Classroom and record your answers on the Google Form attached to "The Secret of Success" assignment.
- Work on your Children's Book Project or read silently.
- When our guest teacher announces it's time, Log out, clean up and line up.
- ALL WORK IS INDIVIDUAL AND VOICE LEVEL 0***
- EXTRA RECESS TIME FOR CLASSES WITH GOOD BEHAVIOR REPORTS!***
- PLUG THE CHROMEBOOKS BACK IN WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH THEM.
- STACK THE KINDLES ON TOP OF THE CART WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH THEM