Show me, Don't Tell Me
Practice your writing skills
Read the boring sentences below and rewrite it to be more descriptive.
Here are some examples of how to make a boring sentence more descriptive.
The dog ran across the street. BORING!
I trembled as the dirt colored pit bull bounded across the street at me riding my bike. AWESOME
I was so scared. BORING
My face and palms were dripping with sweat as I crouched in the shadows of the old house wondering if we would make it out! AWESOME
1. I ate pizza.
2. I jumped in the pool.
3. We were tired.
Prompts to write about
1. Choose one of the following prompts to write about.
2. Do some brainstorming on a sheet of paper to get your ideas in order. Have Mr. E or your class teacher check it.
3. Once you have your brainstorming approved you can start writing your story.
4. Log into your Google Drive account and create a new document.
5. Make sure to title your document what your story is going to be about and start writing.
6. When you are finished, make sure to proof read and revise before showing Mr. E or your class teacher.
Choice 1- Imagine that you could "invent" the perfect sibling. What would this dream brother or sister be like?
Choice 2- Describe a time you and your sibling(s) did something and had to agree to "not tell mom and dad".
Choice 3- Choose a person you admire and write a letter nominating that person for an award.