Fun Run Special Edition - October 13th, 2016
We are so excited about our Color Fun Run and Fall Family Picnic!
Please join us on Friday, October 21 from 5:00-7:00PM to cheer the kiddos up with the help of a live DJ and lots of colorful fun! Our Fall Picnic will follow with food from Sassy Hot Dogs and Kona Ice, in addition to a short general PTA meeting! Don't miss all the fun and stay for the Festivities!
This is Harrington’s newest fundraiser where families, friends and neighbors pledge money to support students as they jog or walk around the field. Our School Goal is to raise $18,000!
Every Harrington student will receive a specially designed white Fun Run t-shirt provided by Groggy Dog. Students can run, jog, walk, or skip, laps around the school field while their coaches and teachers throw colored cornstarch on their shirts! How fun!!!
- What are we raising funds for?
Technology! We want to put iPads in every classroom ($10,000), provide Field Day t-shirts and fun activities ($5,000), and get more technology improvements in the Library like a Lego Wall ($3,000). If we meet this total School Goal of $18,000, Mr. Herndon will dye his hair!! The kids will even vote on the color.
- How do we raise money?
We have teamed up with The Get Movin’ Crew© to make this event fun and profitable. It’s easy to do - small amounts add up! Just help your child gather $5, $10, $20 or more in donations. If each student raises just $50 we reach our school goal of $18,000. Amazing!!!
- Please register your student now at The Pledge Center. This website is set up to help you promote pledges for family & friends. Your student will be receiving bonus coupons to various restaurants just for registering.
- "The Get Movin Crew" takes a small portion (5-10%) of the online pledges, however cash & check pledge payments will go fully to Harrington. That's right, 100% of the cash & check pledges will support our Harrington Huskies. Just return the Pledge Form and/or individual pledges in the envelope provided (These were sent home last week with the kids). Be sure to write your student's name and teacher's name on the envelope or additional provided labels. Checks can be made to Harrington PTA.
Students are asked to raise at least $50 each. If every student raises just this amount, we will have enough to meet our school goal of $18,000! SuperStar pledgers are those students who raise more than $250. Super Star pledgers will be entered into a drawing for one of the following: Autograph picture of Dallas Maverick, ASI Gymnastics certificate for Birthday Party, or ASI certificate for a Parent Night Out. The winning Grade Level will receive Pizza at their Winter Class Party! The Grade Level Winner will be determined by the percentage of the amount raised in each grade.
- Register your Child for our Fun Run by visiting TheGetMovinCrew.com
- Friends and Family want to help your child be successful and share in their achievements. Use the student fundraising webpage to promote online donations using the email & social media tools right on their webpage. It’s Easy!
- Watch your child’s Pledge Meter blast to the top fast! Most credit/debit cards are accepted from anywhere in the world. Check your student’s webpage often to see all donations in “real time”.
- Reach Pledge Superstar status by going above and beyond with $250 or more in pledges so an emblem with fireworks will ignite on the student's webpage.
- Send in Cash & Check Pledges any time in the envelope provided and we will add them to your student’s Get Movin webpage. Additional Pledge sheets are also available.
- Do I have to raise $50 to run? NO! This is a family event and we want everyone to enjoy the Run and the Picnic. Any amount of pledging helps us reach our goal. Students and their Siblings are welcome to run even without pledges. Families are encouraged to stay for the picnic. The Get Movin Crew website is designed to help you get pledges through social media and email. Give it a try and watch the pledges come in!
- Do I need to register with The Get Movin Crew? We would like you to register since that is how we are tracking the school's progress. All cash and check donations will be entered into The Get Movin Crew website for tracking purposes only.
- What should I wear the day of the event? Because it is October, please dress appropriately. With that said, as long as participants wear the Groggy Dog shirts provided that are white as their top layer, you are totally good. The color will make a colorful mess on the shirts, but doesn’t hurt at all. It is like getting into a powdered sugar food fight. The powder is food grade quality, 100% non-toxic, completely biodegradable, made in the USA, colored cornstarch. It is really fun to start in a white shirt and end….COLORTABULOUS! Note: Students may want to wear sunglasses or goggles for extra eye protection.
- Will the color ruin clothes or running shoes? The color does mostly wash out after the event. As with anything dirty, the sooner you wash it the better. We suggest wearing items that you wouldn’t mind getting colorful. If you would like to preserve the color in your running shirt, spray it with vinegar and iron it. But if you wash it….it eventually will come out.
- How does the color affect the inside of cars? Most people bring some old towels for the insides of their cars, just in case. It’s like driving home from the swimming pool in your swimsuit, just more colorful!
- Are cameras and phones safe to have in the color zones? If you want to get shots right in the midst of the color we recommend covering cameras/phones with plastic wrap or a sandwich bag.
- 5:00 PM -- Fun Run with DJ
- 5:30 PM -- General PTA meeting
Fall Family Picnic until 7pm. Several food vendors will be there, including Kona Ice with their famous Snow Cones and Sassy Hot Dogs with fantastic $5 meals that includes a Jumbo Hot Dog, Chips and Drink. (Gourmet toppings also available) Please bring cash for a quicker check-out.