Skyview Middle Weekly
E News for 5/13/22
Welcome to Skyview's weekly Electronic Newsletter.
622 Families: This newsletter has a translation feature. Click on the newsletter, and then select "Translate Newsletter."
Hmong: 622 Cov Tsev Neeg: Cov ntawv xov xwm no muaj txhais lus. Nyem rau ntawm daim ntawv xov xwm, thiab tom qab ntawd xaiv "Txhais Xov Xwm".
Somali: Qoysaska 622: newsletter kaan wuxuu leeyahay muuqaal tarjumaad. Dhagsii joornaalka, ka dibna dooro "Translate Newsletter"
Spanish: Familias del distrito 622: Este boletín tiene una función de traducción. Haga clic en el boletín y luego seleccione “Traducir boletín.”
8th Grade Moving On Ceremony
When: June 2
Who: Skyview students and staff only
Details: Each student will receive a certificate of completion and their name will be announced during class. This will be recorded for families to watch on their own. We plan to send out the recording to all 8th-grade families on June 3.
May 26th--A Busy Day at Skyview Middle and Elementary
On Thursday, May 26th, Skyview Elementary will be hosting two events:
- Skyview 5th graders will be participating in a farewell ceremony in Gym C from 1:30-2:30PM. Families are invited to attend this event.
- Skyview Elementary families are invited to attend a family engagement event from 2:30-3:30 PM being held in the North and West field areas.
- Due to these events, please anticipate additional vehicles and parking will be extremely limited. The middle school after school pick up may take longer than normal. We ask for your patience. Thank you!
Cafeteria Change Coming Soon
- The Skyview cafeteria will be closing to student/community use on May 13th for construction purposes--for the remainder of the school year.
- Starting May 16th, breakfast/lunch service will take place in the gymnasium.
- Attached you will find the updated meal menu for that time period.
Skyview Device and Charger Return
Q: When are devices and chargers being collected?
- 6th Grade: Thursday, May 26th
- 7th Grade: Tuesday, May 31
- 8th Grade: Wednesday, June 1
Q: What if my child won't be in school on collection day?
- They may turn their device/charger into their advisory teacher prior to their last day.
Q: What if my child forgets their device/charger on collection day?
- They may bring it the next day and turn it into their advisory teacher, or wait for the schoolwide announcement to turn them in at a designated location.
Q: What if my child has lost their device/charger?
- Fines will be assessed for lost devices/chargers.
- Computer: $200
- Charger: $40
Q: What if my child turns in a damaged device/charger?
- Damaged devices/chargers will be assessed fines based on the level of damage.
Q: What if my child turns in a device that was not checked out to them?
- Devices/chargers were checked out to each student via scanned barcode. Students are responsible for the device/charger checked out to them. If after all devices are turned in, your child has an outstanding device--a fine will be assessed.
Q: What if we find a device/charger over the summer and want to turn it in?
- Devices/chargers may be turned in to the main office Monday-Thursday 8AM-2PM. You may want to call first. 651-702-8001.
Q: How do I pay a fine?
- Fines may be paid in the main office.
- Over the summer, fines may be paid in the main office Monday-Thursday 8AM-2PM
- Checks may be made out to Skyview Middle School.
Q: My child turned in their device and charger--but a fine was still issued. Why?
- Sometimes, students checked out devices/chargers for the day because they did not have the device/charger checked out to them. If these devices/chargers were not returned at the end of the day, they are still checked out to them, and they are responsible for them.
Q: Will my child get a device next school year?
- Currently the plan is for all secondary students to be issued a device next school year.
- Students who have outstanding fines may be asked to settle the fine prior to being issued a new device.
Lost and Found
The lost and found is located in the a main hallway outside of Mr. Davis' room in a white mobile closet.
There are hats, boots, gloves, and many jackets/sweatshirts.
- CLICK HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO PREVIEW OF THE YEARBOOK
- Online Yearbook sales end on May 20th. After that point, the remaining yearbooks will be reserved with a $25 cash payment to Mr. Berg on a first-come first-served basis.
- If you want to ensure your student has a copy of this year's book, CLICK HERE AND ORDER TODAY.
- UPDATE: Yearbooks will be distributed on the last day of school.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Spring Sports/Activities Update
Spring Athletics FAQs:
What happens with after-school sports if it’s raining outside?
If it is raining outside Track and Tennis will be canceled because Volleyball will be using the gyms. If volleyball is not practicing, it is possible that track and/or tennis will practice inside for the day.
If practice is canceled, how will I know?
If practice is canceled, there will be an announcement during all lunches, I will also send a message on the Remind app that parents should be on.
Who are the coaches?
Track - Ms. Ashley, Ms. Ammermann, Mr.Zieske, Mr. Strachota
Tennis - Mr. Thompson, Ms. Holm
Volleyball - Mr. Kupka, Kaitlyn, Timmerman
Where do the students practice?
Volleyball - Gymnasium
Track - Behind the school by the baseball fields
Tennis - Tennis Court
News from our Athletic Director
- This week the Skyview tennis team played their last match of the season against John Glenn and Maplewood. Despite the heat, the Hawks played hard and played well against their opponents. Coaches and spectators were all impressed by the improvement of the athletes over the season and saw their hard work pay off on Thursday. Congrats on a great season, Hawks!
How do I join the Remind App?
To get daily updates download and join the Remind App and enter the class code: strachotas
The AVID 8th-grade Moving On Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 26 from 7:00 to 7:45 pm at Skyview. AVID parents will receive more information soon!
Educational Trip to Italy, Spring Break 2023
They are going fast, but there are still a handful of spots available for the EF Tour to Italy next spring break. Open to students and families of District 622. Payment plans available. Check out the website and contact Kathryn Marget with any questions. email@example.com
Bell’Italia, Spring Break 2023 - Milan, Venice, Florence, Assisi, Pisa, Rome, Pompeii
Travel broadens minds and awakens spirits!
Check out the 622 Advanced Academics Newsletter for Spring:
Morning Drop Off
Reporting Student Illness--Attendance Line
- Students and families should use the ISD 622 Student COVID Decision Tree to check for symptoms.
- Students who are sick and/or have symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home and report the illness to our Attendance Line: 651-702-8022
- Students who have been exposed to or have tested positive for COVID-19 must contact our school health office: Health Office Phone: 651-702-8015
- Need help accessing Schoology as a parent? See this document.
- Need help navigating Schoology once you are logged in? See this video.
- Need help with your parent login credentials for Schoology? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org