Your Library Popping Up:
Adding 'R'eading to STEAM and STREAM to Outreach
- Free family fun storytimes
- Free books, crafts, activities and passes to the Children's Museum
- Pop Up Library includes a transportable tent with technology, library materials, and resources.
Includes a structured storytime, an extension activity, and an ipd activity using simple tools to teach.
Ideal for daycares, schools, after school programs, parks...any location with young children.
Pop Up Purpose:
- Increase awareness
- link people to the greater world
- increase library visibility
- make others aware of what the library is about/has to offer
HInts for Implementing:
- gather donations
- share information and share resources (businesses, lawfirms, dentist's office)
- think outside of the box/outside your comfort zone
- Plan, plan, plan
- make activities light and transportable
- offer incentives/partner with summer reading programs
- each event supplied a Bilingual/ESL take home STREAM activity
- others were FLIP kits (Family Literacy Involvement Program kits) - prepackaged activities + kit + book - were refillable for multiple activities
Libraries are SO much BIGGER than our buildings!!!