Plainfield High School Media Center Newsletter
PHS Media Minute
Media Center Newsletter
Harlem Wizards vs Red Pride Renegades @ Plainfield High School
Monday, Dec. 9th 2013 at 7pm
1 Red Pride Drive
WHERE: Plainfield High School
WHEN: Monday, December 9th at 7:00 p.m.
COST: $8 advance ticket; $10 tickets at the door
TICKETS ON SALE: www.pcslegacyfoundation.org
HOSTED BY: Plainfield Community Legacy Foundation
Mythology / Animoto Collaboration
Click on one of the student examples below.
Free Professional E-Books
Newsela - Current Event Articles
Once you have students sign up for this, you can also assign articles and quizzes to your classes.
Digital Learning Day - February 5, 2014
Digital Learning Day promotes the belief that every child deserves the opportunity to learn in a robust digital environment every day with the goal of success in college and a career. Common-sense and effective applications of digital learning should be fully integrated into all of America’s schools, libraries, coffee shops, and homes to promote life-long learning and good citizenship.
It takes less than five minutes to add your voice.
I ask that you add your voice and consider planning classroom-based activities for your students and parents to get involved. Activities and events can be as simple or complicated as you like. Feel free to use Digital Learning Day’s interactive lessons (more coming soon), host a technology fair to showcase student work, check out the teacher toolkits for ideas, or simply try something new that better integrates technology into good instructional practice. Regardless of your level of comfort with instructional technology, Digital Learning Day has something for everyone.
In addition to the national event and its related activities, all fifty states and DC are making similar plans. This is a great opportunity to use the momentum from these national and state-awareness campaigns to highlight your district- and school-level digital learning efforts to media, community leaders, parents, and local policymakers.
Most importantly, we urge you to
- add your voice in support of digital learning in schools;
- plan activities for your classroom;
- share your plans by adding your event to the map; and
- spread the word by asking your colleagues and friends to join the movement
Thank you for supporting digital learning!
Common Core: Literary Non-Fiction
PHS Library Catalog & Research Databases
- You can search the library catalog and research information from the online databases from any computer as long as you have an internet connection at http://library.plainfield.k12.in.us .
- You can also search the high school library catalog with a smartphone using the following app, Destiny Quest.
- You can research the Gale online resources using a smartphone using the app, Access My Library. Once you download the app, you will need to choose Indiana and then Plainfield High School (the 2nd one - it is listed twice). Next type in the password - stafford.
Indianapolis Star Newspaper - ecopy
*At this time, our school subscription does not include any of the Indianapolis Star apps.
NEED HELP WITH MATH OR SCIENCE HOMEWORK? CALL ROSE-HULMAN’S
HOMEWORK HOTLINE. IT’S A FREE MATH AND SCIENCE TUTORING
SERVICE FOR STUDENTS IN GRADES 6 TO 12.
JUST CALL THE HOMEWORK HOTLINE TOLL FREE AT 1-877-ASK-ROSE,
OR 1-877-275-7673, BETWEEN 7 P.M. AND 10 P.M. (EASTERN TIME), SUNDAY
THROUGH THURSDAY. THE TUTORS ARE ROSE-HULMAN COLLEGE
STUDENTS AND THEY HELP YOU WORK THROUGH YOUR MATH AND
SCIENCE HOMEWORK QUESTIONS.
OR, FIND HELP ONLINE AT www.AskRose.org.
Quizlet - online study tool
Check out www.quizlet.com.
Media Center November Statistics
- 131 classes attended out of 133 class periods = 98% scheduled (multiple classes per period)
- 1478 students from study hall and sent from classes
- 3495 students in scheduled classes
- 4973 total students for November
- Estimated: 262 students per day
- Estimated: 37 students per class period
- 704 student book/material checkouts (19 teacher book/material checkouts)