Anderson Weekly News 11/04/19
The Sky's the Limit!
Where is Mr. Jarot
In my absence, we have an outstanding team at Anderson that can support your child with any school needs should they arise. D303 has a support plan in place when a Principal is absent for a short time, and I am confident that the learning will not skip a beat. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Anderson Office Team if you need anything. Although I am not present at school, we developed a plan to support any and all student or family's needs.
Excited and Honored,
the picture is the Jarot family about to hit the road to PA in the packed out minivan. :)
Dates To Remember
- Mon. Nov. 4th Monday Math Mania Family Event Thompson Middle School 6:30-8:00 PM
- Thu. Nov. 7th PTO Meeting 6:00-7:30 PM Anderson LRC
- Mon. Nov. 11th Veterans Day Assembly 9:00 AM to 9:45 AM
- Wed. Nov. 13th HAC opens
- Wed. Nov. 13th Early Release Elementary Students 11:40 AM
- Wed. Nov. 13th Panera PTO Dine Out Fundraiser 6 AM to 9:30 PM
- Fri. Nov. 15th PTO Bingo Night! 6:30-8:00 PM
- Thu. Nov 21st Last Session of Thursday After School Clubs
- Mon. Nov. 25th thru Fri. Nov 29th No School- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Mon. Nov 25th Parent Teacher Conferences 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Tues. Nov 26th Parent Teacher Conferences 8:00 AM to 12 Noon
- Tues. Dec. 3rd Lou Malnati's PTO Dine Out Fundraiser 4:00 PM -10:00 PM
- Thurs. Dec. 5th PTO Meeting 6:00-7:30 PM Anderson LRC
- Fri. Dec. 13th PTO Movie Night 6:30-8:00 PM
- Tues. Dec. 16th Band Concert at St. Charles North High School 6:30 PM
- Wed. Dec. 18th Houlihan's PTO Dine Out Fundraiser
- Fri. Dec. 20th Classroom Holiday Parties
- Mon. Dec. 23rd thru Fri. Jan. 3rd Winter Break
- Mon. Jan. 6th Teachers Institute Day -NO SCHOOL
- Tues. Jan. 7th School Resumes
COLD WEATHER AND OUTSIDE RECESS
Per the CUSD 303 Elementary School Handbook, we will be going outside for recess as long as the temperature (with wind chill) is above 0˚F and it is not raining. With that in mind, please make sure your child is dressed to go outside on days when it is cold, snowy or windy. Students should bring outerwear to school in a bag to put on before recess. Please make sure they have hats, warm waterproof gloves, and boots if they want to play in the snow. Don’t forget to label your child’s outerwear so it does not end up in the Lost & Found. Thank you.
Anderson Honors our Veterans
Don't forget to sign up for Parent Teacher Conferences!
If you haven't signed up for your child's Parent-Teacher Conference yet, you still have time before you lose your "Parent of the Year Award". :) We make it a goal to meet with every student's parent/guardian. If you forget, you may get a friendly reminder email or call directly from your child's teacher.
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Monday, November 25th from 8 AM to 8 PM and Tuesday, November 26th from 8 AM to 12 NoonConference Sign-up closes on Friday, November 22nd at Midnight.
To schedule your student's conference, go to HAC, click School Links, Parent Teacher Conference Scheduler.
Every family needs to sign up to meet with their student's teacher. It is very important to make sure you connect and stay engaged with the learning that is happening.
Click below for additional step by step Instructions.
If you feel you need to have an additional conference with your student's P.E. teacher, Art teacher or Music teacher, please email them directly at:
Attention Parents of 3rd and 5th Graders!
Attention Band Families
Dear Band Families,
With the upcoming winter concert, band students will have a dress rehearsal. The dress rehearsal will provide a very important opportunity for band students from Anderson, Bell-Graham, Lincoln, and Wasco a chance to practice together before our concert.
Please check your email, your student's band binder, or click here for all the details on the dress rehearsal and other important information regarding rehearsal days and times.
Contact Ms. Rice if you have any questions or concerns.
News From the Anderson PTO
Monthly PTO Meeting
BINGO FAMILY FUN!
Join us Friday, November 15th from 6:30-8:00 PM for a night of family fun! 1st Card is FREE!! Additional cards cost $1 each. 50/50 split the pot golden cards are $5 each. We will have popcorn, snacks, and water available for $1 each BINGO night is one of our most popular events so we encourage everyone to RSVP by sending in the attached form by Tuesday, November 12th. This way we can make sure we have enough cards and seating for all! Any questions please contact Kristie Domain at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salvation Army Toys for Kids Collection
The Salvation Army’s annual Jim Wheeler Toys for Kids program is once again in full swing. This program, which collects and distributes toys for the needy boys and girls of the Tri-City area, is celebrating its 36th year. The program has been named in honor of the late Jim Wheeler who was the creator and driver behind this effort.
Once again, we are asking for your support of this program for children at Christmas time. We are looking for new unwrapped toys and games and also will be accepting monetary contributions and gift cards to help make this Christmas a very special one. Click below for the flyer.