October 2016 Newsletter
Thank you for all of the support and cooperation that made September 2016 such an excellent start to our new school year.
Within the school year, students have two classroom parties. The first one this month is the Harvest Celebration party on Monday, October 31st that will be preceded by a Halloween Parade outside for students. Our second party will be the Holiday Party before the winter break.
For improved safety on the playground, we are asking that all of our students have sneakers on during recess and gym. On the outside equipment some rubber soles and leather soled shoes are too slippery, especially in damp conditions. Teachers have been asked to restrict equipment use to the swings unless sneakers are worn. Students with other types of footwear may bring in sneakers and change during recess. In physical education classes, students without sneakers are considered to be unprepared. Your assistance with this safety precaution is appreciated.
Please visit the Bayville School web page for important information at www.btboe.org. On the website you will find lunch menus, newsletters, calendar of events, and classroom pages. The website is updated every month to keep you up to date on the happenings at Bayville School. You can access the parent portal to complete important forms and view your child’s progress reports, report cards, and food account.
Halloween Parade & Harvest Party
The Halloween Parade at Bayville School will take place on Monday, October 31, 2016, time TBA.
Parents and friends are welcome to view the children parading outside. For the safety of our students, we will be having the parade in the back recess field. We also ask that no adults cover their faces with face masks on school grounds.
Our Halloween festivities over the years have grown into a very busy day for the students and teachers. We would like to ensure the safety of all students by limiting class visitation to “designated parents only”.
Please be aware when selecting an appropriate costume for school that children need to get into and out of them by themselves. All costuming will be done after lunches.
Again, please remember:
1. All students in grades K-4 may dress in costume for the parade
2. Costumes are not allowed to be worn to school. This includes make-up and
3. Costumes are to be put in a bag and labeled with your child’s name
4. No classroom visitations are permitted unless you are the “designated parent”
5. Avoid “checking out” children from school early on the day
If you have any questions about this matter, please do not hesitate to call the main office. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
SCHOOL NURSE NEWS
1. All medications must be brought into school by the parent/guardian (NOT THE CHILD) in the original container labeled by the pharmacy. ALL medications, even over-the-counter, must be accompanied by a Doctor’s note or they cannot be administered.
2. No cough drops or lozenges will be allowed during the school day as per the school physician.
3. Please log into the parent portal when you have changes in phone number contacts.
4. It is very important to send in documented updates of your child’s immunizations as they occur.
5. If you haven’t done so, please send in a change of clothing for your child in case of accidents or spills.
Please check out our Health services on the school webpage @ www.btboe.org
A reminder to parents when requesting homework for students: If your child is absent from school two or more days, please contact the main office early in the morning of the second day and your child’s homework will be available at dismissal time.
DISTRICT WIDE PROCEDURE
Grades K-1st 1 book per week
Grades 2nd-6th 2 books per week (additional books can be granted at the Media Specialist discretion)
Books are expected to be returned during the following library class period.
Students who do not return books will select a new book to be placed on hold until they return their book the next day.
Overdue notices will be given to borrowers. The price of the item will appear on the notice. Notices will be sent to student’s home after 2 notices have been given to the student. If the student is missing a book 3 or more times during a given marking period, they will receive a “Needs Improvement” on their report cards under “Demonstrates responsibility with returning books”.
BAYVILLE SCHOOL HAPPENINGS
10/1 Flea Market
10/10 Teacher Inservice/School closed for students
10/17 Makerspace/Pumpkin catapults/6:00-8:00
10/21 PTA Harvest Night
10/22 Trick or Trunk /BTES/12:00-2:00
10/25 BOE Meeting/6:30/BTES
10/31 Halloween Parade & Harvest Party
Please support the various events that are sponsored by our PTA. Your support helps bring quality assemblies and other extras to our students. If you would like to help please attend the PTA meetings or contact an executive board member.