BENS BRANCH BARKER
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. ANDERSON
I am so excited to have just completed my second week as BBE's Principal! It is truly a blessing and an honor to serve here, and I am looking forward to a fantastic future as a bulldog.
I have been in education for 22 years. Next year, it will be my 20th year in New Caney ISD. Nine of those years, I have served in administration. I have a Bachelors of Education from Houston Baptist University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction and a Masters in Educational Administration from Lamar University.
I have been happily married to my high school sweetheart, Jake, for 22 years. We reside in Porter and have three wonderful children. Reed, is a senior at Infinity High School, Emma is a 7th grader at Pine Valley Middle School, and Nick is a 5th grader at Bens Branch Elementary.
I firmly believe that education is a calling, and it is my duty to ensure that all students succeed. In order for this to happen, students must come to school knowing that they are safe and loved. School should be a place of learning and fun! This is something I strive to accomplish everyday.
I wish you all the best in this last month of school, and please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.
Ruth Ann Anderson
UPCOMING DATES AND EVENTS
2 - 5th Grade Science STAAR (campus closed to visitors) &
1st Grade Field Trip
8 - 12 - Teacher Appreciation Week
9 - 4th & 5th Grade Math STAAR (campus closed to visitors)
10 - 3rd Grade Math STAAR (campus closed to visitors)
11 - 1st Grade Music Program
12 - Chromebook pick up for End of the year
12 - White Oak Middle School visit (only students going to WOMS)
15 - School Board Meeting 6:00 pm
19 - Field Day
23 - Kinder Celebration & 4th Grade End of Year Awards
24 - PK/ECSE, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Grade End of Year Awards
25 - 5th Grade End of Year Awards & Celebration
25 - EOY Class Parties (LAST DAY OF SCHOOL)
5th GRADE STUDENTS TO VISIT MIDDLE SCHOOLS
Students zoned to Woodridge Forest Middle School toured, last month, in April. Students zoned to White Oak Middle School will tour the campus on Friday, May 12th.
STAAR TESTING DATES
Our 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students are required to take the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) tests. The following test dates are:
TUESDAY, MAY 9TH - 4th & 5th Grade Math
WEDNESDAY, MAY 10th - 3rd Grade Math
Please note that the campus will be closed to all visitors eating lunch with your child or any volunteers on these days.
The times are as follows:
PK/ECSE: 8:30 - 9:00
K - 2nd: 10:00 - 12:00
3rd - 5th: 1:00 - 3:00
Please take a moment to fill out this survey. We want your input and feedback!
STUDENT TRANSFER REQUESTS 2023-2024
Student transfer request forms for the 2023-2024 school year will be available, via the link below, beginning at 8 AM, March 31, 2023.
1. If the student was on a transfer for the 2022-2023 school year, you will not need to submit attendance, discipline and grade reports as Laserfiche will populate that information upon submission.
2. If the student was not on a transfer for 2022-2023 school year, parent/guardian must obtain and attach attendance, discipline and grade reports from the previous campus to the transfer request form.
3. Current transfer students may be approved at the principal's discretion, in addition to meeting the requirements for attendance, discipline and grades.
4. Campus closures are listed below.
The closed campuses are:
- Bens Branch Elementary
- Brookwood Forest Elementary
- Crippen Elementary
- Dogwood Elementary
- Kings Manor Elementary
- New Caney Elementary
- Oakley Elementary
- Porter Elementary
- Sorters Mill Elementary
- Tavola Elementary
- Valley Ranch Elementary
- Keefer Crossing Middle School
- Woodridge Middle School
- New Caney High School- Limited space available
- Porter High School- Limited space available
- West Fork High School- grades 9/10 only
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Everett Simons (grades 6-12) or Lorey Sunosky (grades PK-5).
CAR RIDERS FOR DISMISSAL
LOST AND FOUND ITEMS
We'll be placing the items on the stage so students can walk by and claim any of their lost items. All unclaimed items will be donated at the conclusion of the school year.
3rd ANNUAL NCISD EDUCATION FOUNDATION GOLF TOURNAMENT - JUNE 5
The New Caney ISD Education Foundation is excited to announce that it is continuing to support New Caney ISD employees through scholarship opportunities!
Please join us at the Third Annual New Caney ISD Education Foundation Golf Tournament on Monday, June 5, 2023. This event, hosted by the Clubs of Kingwood, will benefit the New Caney ISD Education Foundation Scholarship Program. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This link has all the information regarding the Bond!
PAPER TUTORING FOR 5TH GRADE STUDENTS
Our district is offering students 5th - 12th grade an amazing tutoring service. These are certified teachers waiting to provide support and help to students. Many students have used them and said it's been very helpful.
Parent Landing Page - This page has various resources for parents. At the bottom you can register for a webinar.
Parents, you can explore this incredible resource with your child right now! Students can go to Classlink or Canvas and click on Paper to start a tutoring session.
- The latest you can change the way your child goes home is 3:00.
- You must submit the change in writing to our BBE email.
- The latest you can check your child out is 3:15.
- Car rider dismissal ends at 4:05
Mondays - wear a BBE shirt
Wednesdays - wear your favorite college shirt
Fridays - wear a BBE shirt or NCISD shirt
STOCK THE LOUNGE
- Cupcakes or cookies must be store bought.
- Goodie bags are not allowed.
- Our Child Nutrition department offers birthday cupcakes for sale. You can purchase individually wrapped cupcakes for your child's class. They will deliver them at the end of the day in a festive basket. The cost is $0.75 each.
EATING LUNCH WITH YOUR CHILD
- Please remember you may only eat with your child and must sit at the designated parent tables.
- You may only eat with your child. Other students may not join you.
- You may not walk with your child back to their classroom. Please say your goodbyes at the cafeteria doors.
- If you're needing to meet with your child's teacher, please schedule a conference. Teachers are on a schedule and need to leave the cafeteria quickly in order to get to their next activity.
PreK / Kinder..........10:50 -11:20
First Grade..............11:20 -11:50
Second Grade.........12:00 - 12:30
Third Grade.............11:30 - 12:00
Fourth Grade...........12:40 - 1:10
Fifth Grade..............12:15 - 12:45
Mindset for the Month - Attitude of Gratitude
Each month we focus on one of the 7 Mindsets. Lessons are taught daily during our SEL time. At the end of the month, one student from each classroom who did an excellent job exhibiting the mindset will be chosen as the "Student of the Month". Those students will be celebrated during lunch. Out of those students, one student will be chosen to be the "Grade Level Student of the Month" and will receive a yard sign to display in their yard.
REPORT CARD AND STAAR INFORMATION
FEDERAL AND STATE REPORT CARDS
If you're unable to access the above links you can go to our BBE website.
Click on ABOUT at the top
Click on REQUIRED POSTINGS
On the left side you will see Federal Report Cards and State School Report Cards.
TITLE 1 INFORMATION
- To provide students with extra instructional support beyond the regular classroom to help low-achieving children meet state standards in core academic subjects.
- Coordinate and integrate resources and services from federal, state, and local sources.
- In order to be considered a title 1 school, at least 40% of the students must be considered low-income. Our schools is currently at 43%.
Please remember that in order to pick your child up in the car rider line, you MUST have a car rider tag. If you don't have one or you forgot it, you will have to go to the front office to get a new one.
CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!
This is Jan Cates and Sarah Towns. We are coordinating the parent volunteer program at Bens Branch. We have a website that has the current volunteer opportunities available to sign up for.
Please take a look and see which ones fit into your schedule and sign up!
We will add more events as we get the details. There are several that will be posted in the next couple of days.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Be sure to add this email to your accepted emails so you stay up to date with new volunteer opportunities or check the website weekly!
Have a great day!
parent volunteer badges
Please remember it takes several days to process and receive a volunteer badge. If you are wanting to attend any field trips, you must have a volunteer badge to chaperone. Please do not wait to apply for a badge a couple days before a scheduled field trip. The badge will not be ready. If you have any questions regarding this, please call the front office.
This is also the same link if you want to put money on your child's lunch account.
Make sure you join our BBE Remind messaging. Updates and information are sent via text.
We want all our students to have Bulldog Pride. We hope that your child memorizes the creed so they can say it each day with pride! We'll say it every day on the morning announcements.