Top TEN News @ Weston
September 14, 2018
1. Next week is the Imagination Library Giving Week. Donations received during the week will be matched! Staff can wear jeans for the entire week with a $10 donation. Dr. Olin has agreed to be part of a whipped cream pie throwing if our district can get to 120% of last year’s giving total. OUR 120% DISTRICT GOAL IS $4798.
At Weston students can participate in each of the following event with a $1donation.
Monday - Hat Day
Wednesday - Stuffed Animal Day
Friday - PJ Day
If we raise $1 per each student and staff member ($365 Total) next week then Mr. Davis will roller skate in the cafe one day during each lunchtime.
2. The Greenfield Police Dept. is providing us with a guest speaker on September the 18th. All K-6th grade buildings will have Retro Bill perform for them. Check out http://www.retrobill.com/ to learn more :D
3. Our first Movie Night of the Year will take place on Friday, Sept. 21st. See the flyer below.
4. We need to know what your child will be doing on our first eLearning Day on Sept. 26th. There is a RSVP found below that you will receive on Monday the 17th. If you have already completed this through the Parent Portal you will NOT need to return a paper copy.
5. When we return from Fall Break we will begin using School Dismissal Manager. This online system will help organize our dismissal process. All GCSC K-6 students will use this for their daily dismissal communication. More information to come. Watch this video to learn more https://www.schooldismissalmanager.com/video.asp
December 19- 3rd Grade
January 30- Kindergarten
March 6- 2nd Grade
April 10- 1st Grade
7. We again will be selling World’s Finest Chocolate to help raise money for the classrooms and school as a whole! The Kick Off will be on October 25th. More info to come :)
8. Greenfield Youth Basketball Sign Ups for Little Cougars. See attached flyer and/or go to gcybb.siplay.com
9. Mrs. Miller, school social worker, will begin working with the kindergarten and first grade classrooms next week using the Second Step program. This once a week social-emotional learning program will help students learn Skills for Learning, Empathy, Emotion Management, and Problem Solving. Click here to learn more about this program.
10. Do you want to see pictures of ALL the GREAT things going on at Weston? You can find them at the bottom of our website on the main page http://weston.gcsc.k12.in.us/. You can also find them on Twitter at #WestonProud.
eLearning Day Childcare
Open to ALL families.
eLearning Day RSVP
A paper copy will be sent home on Monday the 17th
$1 on Monday the 17th
Wear your favorite hat! Support Imagination Library :)
$1 on Wednesday the 19th
Bring your favorite stuffed animal! Support the Imagination Library :)
$1 on Friday the 21st
Wear your favorite PJs! Support the Imagination Library :)
Get on Board!!!!!