Energy Saving Plan For West
By Sarah, Saniya, Esha, and Aliyah
Factual informtion on energy saving lightbulbs
- They come on instantly on without any flicker or buzz.
- An average school or supermarket can switch all it's lights in 4 days instead of 4 weeks.
- An average school uses 30% of the electricity it consumes to light outside areas and light buildings.
- The fluorescent lights uses 10% percent of the light to actually give off light and the rest is just wasted and given off as heat.
- They energy saving lightbulbs can save about $40 on the life of the bulb and reduce carbon dixode by 200 pounds.
Deatails about the plan
- The delivery people will unload and carry the lightbulbs to a storage room.
- Then, we will call an electrician and they will start replacing the old lightbulbs with the new ones.
- This process will take about a week depending on the time you give him or her.
- The electrician will come with his equipments to install the lightbulbs so we don't have to worry about the equipments.
-Energy saving tube lights promote a green environment initiales which is greatly supported by the U.S government.
-Discounts are avalible when you purchase in bulk quantities saving money from different vendors.
-Lower electricity use and greenhouse emissions than incandescent and halogen lamps
- Lower overall Mercury releases as a result of use and disposal than energy saving tube lights (taking into account mercury emissions from coal fired power plants.)
why is it worth to put in our homes?
- The bulbs are available at most supermarkets,drug stores and most retailers.
- One bulb can help reduce green house emmisions by hundreds of pounds.
-They are relatively inexpensive, about $4.00 a bulb while for LED it is $12.00.
- Saves over more than $40.00 of electricity from 2 to 3 years.
- They use 75% less energy and 75% less heat.
- It contain 4-5 (mg) of toxic Mercury, which can be harmful to humans if it is not disposed properly.
- Some of the tube lights dim in a short period of time.
- The bulbs have a high initial cost from $2-$15 per bulb.
-The cost per year right now for CMSWest to keep the lights on is one hundred thousand dollars.
-With the new lights, the cost per year will be sixty thousand dollars\
-We will get the money back in two-three years
Some ideas for fundraising
-Have vending machine open in the mornings
-Sell more in the school store