Stuart's and Scouts Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Welcome to Ms. Kayla, Gabby, Kriti and Everly from the Jr. Scouts!!!!
March 1- Kriti
March 5- Gabby
April 30th - Sebastian
April 12-19: No Ms. Alisha
April 24th: Administrative Professionals Day - be sure and thank our Admin team for all their hard work!
April 29th & 30th, May 1st & 2nd - Parent Teacher Conferences - Sign Ups will be up the end of March/beginning of April
May 7 - Picture Day
May 10 - Muffins with Mom
-June 7 - Closed for Family Fun Day!
June 14 - Donuts with Dad
June 17-26th No Ramseys
March came and went, and we are excited for April to bring some spring weather.
Remember to bring rain boots or shoes that can get muddy. Also a light jacket.
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Classroom!
We are excited to welcome Gabby, Kriti, and Everly to our classroom! We hope that we all have lots of fun together.
For March the 2's kept busy with lots of fun projects in our classroom. We made some awesome collage art for M and W week and decorated some feathery owls during N week. We also played with magnets while figuring out what things will or won't stick to our big magnets. And we sure did get messy with our science experiments! We tried to make slime glow in the dark, smashed watermelons, and mad our sensory bin full of sticky mud. We also focused on using our words when we get upset with our friends or teachers.
For April the 2's are looking forward to conducting some awesome sensory experiments. For Y week we will be using different spices to figure out which ones we think smell yummy or yucky. Then we are going to paint with soft yarn and squishy zucchini. We will also make some awesome cardboard box art and sticker collages. The Scout's and Stuart's are going to continue working on using our words when we are upset and giving our friends some personal space while we play.
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Who doesn't love to add awesome new books to their library? The Scholastic flyers will go out April 9th and are due back on April 18th. Our online code is HQ686
Healthy Start Wisdom
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
Thank you to all the parents who donated supplies, food, and decorations for our Valentine's Day party!
Thank you to all the parents and family members who made our Valentine's Day party extra special by being our guests!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Thank you for your understanding of being closed March 15th in order for teachers to participate in conferences to become ever better teachers to your kiddos
Bringing in donations of items anytime we ask...you guys rock!!
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Shoes (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Shoe boxes with lids
- Storage boxes
- Clear plastic jars with lid ie mayonnaise
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
Question: If you could give up one household chore what would it be and why?
- Ms. Kit: Dishes..it's a never ending chore
- Ms. Kayla: Sweeping, the dust pan never picks up everything, I’d rather just vacuum
- Ms. Alisha: Clean the restroom because it’s the only chore I may do upon occasion. Thank you to my darling hubby who does everything else!
- Mr. Mike: Dust because of allergies!!!
- Ms. Le Andra: Dishes for sure!! I'm horrible because I wait until I have a full sink and then it's just gross and takes FOREVER!!
- Ms. Katie: I would give up folding laundry. It takes forever and just when I think I'm done, another basket seems to magically appear. I would also love to never match socks again. I mean, really, where do all the matches go?!
- Ms. Erin: Doing the dishes because there's always a new dish to wash more often than any other chore
- Ms. Mikayla: Laundry. It used to be dishes until I moved and got a dishwasher. But laundry is never ending.
- Ms. Maggie: I would eliminate cleaning. I would eliminate cleaning because it takes too long, boring and I am not very good at it