Talented & Gifted Family Newsletter
Veronica Williams Payne & Leah Barger
District Gifted Coordinators
Hoagie's Gifted Education
Visit Hoagie's Gifted Education page for all-things-gifted! This site is full of resources, articles, books, and links to help and support parents, teachers, and gifted children alike. Pick your path, and explore them all!
Kids and Teen Links for Gifted Education
Parenting Gifted Children Webinar
Upcoming Event-Ohio Association for Gifted Children Parent Day
Sunday, Oct. 18th, 2-5pm
This is an online event.
Join the Ohio Association for Gifted Children as they explore the complexities of parenting a gifted child. The cost of registration is $5.00. See the registration form below.
NAGC's The Gifted Child's Bill of Rights
You have a right to
- know about your giftedness.
- learn something new everyday.
- be passionate about your talent area without apologies.
- have an identity beyond your talent area.
- feel good about your accomplishments.
- make mistakes.
- seek guidance in the development of your talent.
- have multiple peer groups and a variety of friends.
- choose which of your talent areas you wish to pursue.
- not to be gifted at everything.
-National Association for Gifted Children-
Parenting Gifted Children 101: An Introduction to Gifted Kids and Their Needs
NAGC Parent Tip Sheet
Working collaboratively with the teacher will be important to your gifted child's success in school. Check out NAGC's Parent Tip Sheet for working with your child's teacher as we approach conferences.