Varsity Cheerleading Update
Jefferson Junior High School
I hope you all had a nice President's Day Weekend! Our next competition will be Saturday, March 1st at Jefferson Junior High for the conference cheer championships!
Here is our practice schedule for the rest of this month:
- Tuesday, February 18th: Practice 3:35-5:10pm
- Wednesday, February 19th: Girls Basketball Home Game (vs. Gower)
(Wear cheer hoodie and yoga pants to school... pack your whole uniform
- Thursday, February 20th: Girls Basketball Home Game (vs. Lakeview)
(Wear uniforms all day)
- Friday, February 21st: Practice 3:35-5:10pm
- Monday, February 24th: Girls Basketball Home Game (vs. Westview Hills)
(Wear jeans and neon "PRIDE" t-shirts to school... pack your whole uniform
- Tuesday, February 25th: Practice 3:35-5:10pm
- Wednesday, February 26th: Practice 3:35-5:10pm
- Thursday, February 27th: Practice in the MAIN GYM from 3:25-5:00pm
- Friday, February 28th: Teacher Inservice (no school for students)... Practice in the
MAIN GYM from 2-5. This is our last practice so please DO NOT BE LATE! We will get to practice in the gym with the competition mats and the sound system to work on spacing, stunting, and last minute tweaks.
- Saturday, February 1st: Conference Cheer Competition at JJH!!!
Cheer Competition Details
Here are some of the excerpts from Mr. Warnke's e-mails to coaches. I will send you more information as I receive them.
The SDEAA Cheer/Dance Competition is quickly approaching us, and March 1st will be here before we know it. Since not all teams will be competing in both Dance and Cheer competitions, there will be two separate sections. The Cheer Competition will begin promptly at 9:00 am in Jefferson's main gym, on Saturday, March 1st. The dance competition will follow the cheer competition and will begin at approximately 11:00 am.
We will be using the IESA Rules and Scoring Procedures for this competition. As for judges, we have secured 3 judges, who are also cheer coaches at Downers Grove North, Downers Grove South, and Hinsdale Central High Schools. Teams from the Large Squad Competition, Small Squad Competition, and Dance Competition who earn 1st place will receive a 1st place trophy for their schools.