News from The Pit: March Madness
16 Books Enter, One Book Leaves
What's March Book Madness?
- the 16 most popular books of the last year compete in a bracket-style tournament
- you fill in a bracket before the "games" begin
- vote in each game round via an emailed ballot
- check the board in the library to see which books continue on and which get knocked out
PRIZES for the winning bracket (winning bracket = right title & the most points)
A copy of the winning book
25,000 HUF gift card to Bestsellers Bookstore
* in the event of a tie, a winner will be chosen at random *
Pizza Party for all brackets that chose the right title!
Who can Play?
What are the Rules?
- turn in your bracket to the library BEFORE Friday, March 23
- vote once in each game round (Watch your email for the ballot!)
- We'll play four rounds
Sweet Sixteen --> Elite Eight
Elite Eight --> Final Four
Final Four --> Semi-Final
Semi-Final --> Final
The Sweet Sixteen. Which book should win?
Ready to Vote?
Remember to turn in your bracket for a chance to win!
Watch your email for the next round of voting
March 19-23: Sweet Sixteen --> Elite Eight
March 24-27: Elite Eight --> Final Four
March 28-31: Final Four --> Semi Final
April 3: Final Game
What IS March Madness, anyway?
Find out more at NCAA.com