Hear our ROAR!
Highlighting the "awesomeness" of the VEM Mountain Lions
School Calendar 2022-2023
Policy 9150 - School Visitors
Statement to Visitors Regarding School Visits
Parents/Guardians are important educational partners and are welcome in Middlesex Public Schools. Our goal, in cooperation with the local police, is to maintain student and staff health and security through improved facilities, revised procedures, and the reduction of school visitors to the school during operational hours. Please consider the importance of your visit prior to your arrival.
In order to ensure the availability of teachers and counselors, parents are encouraged to schedule appointments for meetings in advance. Upon arrival at a school building, a parent/guardian must use the main entrance of the building and sign in at the “Welcome Window" in the secure vestibule, where they will be asked to provide identification and receive a visitor identification tag.
Visits from students from other school buildings or districts are discouraged. Students are not permitted to have a guest in school unless the school's principal has approved the arrangements in advance. Visitors will not have access to the building beyond the vestibule unless they are invited in or have an appointment.
Family members will be invited to visit our schools at various times during the school year. Information about the procedures for these visitations will be provided by the building principal and classroom teachers.
School Entry Protocol
- No visitors are to enter the building with students during arrival.
- All requests for appointments will be scheduled virtually unless the need for an in person appointment is established.
- All visitors to our schools will need to have an appointment to enter the building. (If you require assistance, an appointment must be made after the start of the school day.)
- All visitors will be required to complete the District Daily Covid-19 Symptom Tracking Form prior to arrival at the school.
- All visitors must wear an approved Face Covering - please refer to the district protocol here. Failure to wear a mask properly according to the previously stated protocol and guidelines will result in refusal to enter the building.
- At the buzzer, it is expected that all visitors will state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment.
- All visitors are required to show photo identification and submit to a temperature check prior to being buzzed into the building (anyone with a temperature 100 degrees or higher will be denied entry).
- If the appointment is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the main office immediately upon entry. Visitors will be required to show photo identification again, and sign in to obtain a visitor's pass.
- It is imperative that visitors do not hold the door open for others behind them. Each visitor must be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If you must drop off an item for a student (lunch, homework, etc.) you will be directed to deposit that item in a bin outside the main entry or through the drop off slot. Entry into the school is not permitted.
- If you will be picking your child up early, you must notify the office in writing prior to dismissal. If it is an emergency, call the office to notify the school.
- Front office secretaries will be required to call 911 and notify school administrators if the visitor is uncooperative, does not adhere to the procedures, or becomes threatening.
- Ultimately, failure to follow these procedures may result in a lockdown for the safety of our students and staff, and the Middlesex Police Department may be notified that an intruder is in the building,
We know that this protocol is stringent and may inconvenience our visitors who are, as always, welcome in our schools. The safety of our students and staff must remain our priority and we are optimistic that our visitors will ultimately recognize our need to be as vigilant as possible.
If you should require clarification regarding the protocol, please contact your building principal, He/She will be happy to answer your questions to ensure your full understanding and adherence to our procedures. With your cooperation, our schools will be more secure for students and staff.
The district continues to upgrade and implement improved security measures throughout all of our schools. Your suggestions are important and always appreciated. Please forward any items to the building principal and they will be directed to the Safety Committee.
District Technology Resources
Big Ideas (Math program) - Grades 6-High School
Access through Clever only
IXL Math (Standards based Math Practice) Grades 4-8
Access through Clever or IXL
IXL ELA (Standards based ELA Practice) Grades 4-8
Access through Clever or IXL
Learning Ally (Audio books for struggling readers) - Special Education and ESL students)
Access through Clever
LinkIt (Data Warehouse and Benchmark testing) - District
Quizlet (Study Aid) - World Language K-12
MobyMax (Find learning gaps and build learning paths) - Grades 4-8 all subjects
CoSpaces (Create AR & VR) - Grades 6-8
Checkology (Fact vs. Fiction) - Grades 6-12
Von E. Mauger Middle School
Middlesex, NJ 08846
(732) 317- 6000 x 22602
Dr. Christofferson, Principal
Mrs. C. Ionata, Crisis Intervention Teacher
Mrs. Cathy Kotch
Location: Fisher Avenue, Middlesex, NJ, USA