Volume 6: December 2, 2015
- The Compass Test will be given again on December 9 & 10 at 3:20pm in the computer lab. See Dr. Henke for the schedule if you are signed up to take it.
- On January 1st you can complete your FAFSA for the Fall 2016 academic year at www.fafsa.gov. The Missouri deadline to complete it is April 1.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The H.S. Counselor tab on the Princeton School website (http://www.tigertown.k12.mo.us/) is a great resource for important dates, forms, testing information, mental health resources, etc.
- You can log on to your LUMEN student portal (https://18.104.22.168/lumen/signin) to view your transcripts, attendance percentages, assessment scores, and much, much more! This is a great tool that you need to learn to navigate. Make your portal your first stop for these types of questions and then come to Dr. Henke, Mrs. Miller or Kami if you can't find what you're looking for.
- If you would like assistance setting up a college visit, I am happy to help. Please complete a Parent Acknowledgement of College Visit Form. These are in the white form box. After completion, I can contact the school on your behalf.
- You must complete (and document!) 10 hours of community service in order to graduate. Community service hour logs are in the white form box.
- If you need your Jostens school picture to use for the ACT registration or some other purpose, let me know and I can email it to you.
- The most up-to-date scholarship list can be found here: https://sites.google.com/a/tigertown.k12.mo.us/princeton-high-school-counselor/scholarship-information
- The United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship is due January 15. It is a one-time $1000 award and students who are attending college (2 or 4 year) or tech school are eligible. Check out the website for more details and the application: http://www.usjcisenate.org/index.php/scholarship-program
SIX SHOULDS: The 6 things you should know about JOSHUA SCHOONOVER and probably don't..
- I have visited Washington, D.C. 10 times.
- My dream vacation would be to Machu Pichu.
- The thing I am most looking forward to this year is our senior trip.
- I have been to Las Vegas.
- I am very flexible (ask me to show you how I can spin my wrist around).
- My favorite color is green.
The first 3 seniors to correctly tell me how many credits are required for 2016 graduation will receive a prize!