Sugar Creek Charter High
Excitedly Approaching Month May
We are excitedly moving into the month of May! There are various activities that have been planned for the month. Please make sure that you place the events, dates and times on your calendar.
May 11th-EOG/EOC/NCFE Staff Training-Training will be taken place on our campus.
May 16th-NFL Foundation Charity Tournament
May 31th-EOG/EOC/NCFE PEP Rally (More information to come)
HAPPY TEACHER'S APPRECIATION WEEK!!!!
Congratulations to Mr. Livingston for being honored as our April Employee of the Month!
Congratulations to Mrs. Guinyard for being honored as our March Employee of the Month!!
- Local College Tour date: May 12th
- End of Year College Tour Dates: June 8th & 9th
- ACT Study Session: May 10th
- 10th Grade Vision Screenings will be taking place May 2, 2016 and May 3, 2016. Students who do not pass this screening will be re-screened within two weeks. If they do not pass the second time, a referral letter will be sent home. Shoutout to Mrs. Thigpen for letting me pull students from her class for this!
- May is Mental Health Month.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in youth ages 10 -24.
- 1 in 5 children aged 13-18 have or will have a serious mental illness.
- Encourage students to break down the stigma that surrounds mental health issues by talking about these issues openly and without judgment. It is imperative students view their mental health as just as important as their physical health.
- Visit: http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/may for more information and resources.
Monday, May 9th, 11:30am-1pm
Kickboard Merit Pop Up Shop will be coming to classrooms near you. We will now have a online pre-purchase form.