3L Weekly News
Week Ending December 12, 2014
This week in...
Reading: we completed Daily 5 activities by reading with partners, reading independently, and responding to reading through writing.
Math: we continued to work on reviewing division, equal sharing and equal grouping. Additionally, we began working on division and multiplication number stories. We discussed different strategies to solve each problem such as drawing pictures, creating arrays, and using diagrams.
Writing: we learned how to connect the information in our chapters by using transitional phrases. We balanced interesting facts with engaging style by practicing revision strategies that encompass both structure and word choice. Finally, we used iPads to find more information to enhance our informational books.
Cursive: we learned how to create the lower case "y" in cursive and connect it with other letters c,a,d,g,h,t,p,e,l,f, and u.
Conferences: we prepped for conferences and look forward to presenting this information to our parents!
Check This Out!
1. Moby Max
2. Drawing Conclusion
- Please continue to encourage your child is updating his/her Reading Log! It should be filled out every time a student FINISHES a book.
- Please check your time for conferences! The link can be found below.
- An important way students grow is by learning from their errors. When students are asked to fix mistakes on homework, it's a way for them to understand where they went wrong. Please continue to encourage your child to correct and resubmit homework if the homework says "please fix."
- Each week, students will take a multiplication assessment. This assessment is NOT timed. However, it is important students memorize these facts. Flash cards and study aids will be sent home on Monday of each week.
Important Dates for 3L
Happy Birthday to:
- Please check our eBoard and contact me if your child would like to celebrate his/her birthday in school.
Poet of the Week:
- Matty: Friday, December 19th
- Justin: Friday, January 9th
- Poems must be submitted for teacher approval before a student presents!!
Star of the Week:
- Kevin: Monday, January 5th
- Michelle Smith: Friday, January 9th @ 8:40
- Schedule is attached to my eBoard under Guest Read Aloud
*Click the link below to my eBoard for additional details!
December 15, 2014 Parent Teacher Conferences 1/2 day
December 23, 2014- January 4, 2015 Winter Recess
January 8, 2015 Skating party 6:00-8:00
January 9, 2015 Spirt Day!
January 13, 2015 Elementary Band Rehearsal H.S. Aud. 7:30 am
January 13, 2015 Elementary Winter Concert H.S. Aud. 7:30 pm
January 14, 2015 PTA Meeting @ 9:15 am
January 15, 2015 Kindergarten Info Night @ 7:15
January 20, 2015 Beginner Band Rehearsal H.S. Aud. @ 7:50 am
January 20, 2015 Beginner Strings (Gr. 3) Rehearsal H.S. Aud. @ 8:25 am
January 20, 2015 Beginner Strings and Winds H.S. Aud. @ 7:30 pm
January 30, 2015 Spaghetti/Bingo Night @ 6:30 pm
Parent/Teacher Conferences are scheduled in December as follows:
• December 10th, 1:30-3:10 pm, Half Day Schedule for Students
• December 11th, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Full Day for Students
• December 12th, 8:10 – 12:30 pm, No School for Students
• December 15th, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Half Day Schedule for Students
3-5: Student Led Conferences allow students, with the help of their teachers, share progress and goals with their families. Remember, that students must attend these meetings.
Please sign up for ONE time slot for each child. If you have twins, please be sure to schedule a time slot for each child.
Conferences are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. Click on the Conference Link for your child’s teacher.
2. Once your conference schedule appears, click the box of an available time slot.
3. Enter your name under “Parent’s Name”
4. Enter your child’s name under “Child’s Name”
5. At the bottom of the form, enter your name and email address.
6. Click on “Sign up”.
Specials This Week:
Monday is a Day 5:
Tuesday is a Day 6:
Wednesday is a Day 1:
- Spanish and Music
Thursday is a Day 2:
- Gym and Library
A Word from Third
None at this time.