L2 Speaking Assignment Due
- Today you and your partner will complete your Speaking Assignment.
- Remember to keep logging in every day (Monday - Friday) and read your entire announcement for important information
Note when you go to coaching, who your coach is, and the phone number/access code for your coach's classroom
UPDATE - It's here!! The Coaching Schedule!!!
If you see your name in yellow, you need to join a coaching group that already exists. Pick your group and then text Boutin Sensei at 919-964-5227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and your desired time/day/coach so you can be added. Try to pick a group that is smaller to avoid overcrowding.
Coaching Starts on Monday, February 1st!
Speaking Assignment Due Today
Today you will need to work with your partner to submit your Lesson 2 speaking assignment.
Please only submit YOUR two audio files for this assignment in MP3 or .wav format. You can record these files for free at vocaroo.com
Do not rely on your partner to submit your speaking assignment for you. I must have a submission from you or I cannot give you credit. :(
Here's how to do this assignment in a nutshell:
- Record yourself asking the 7 questions listed in the directions. Then, send those over to your partner and let him or her listen to them. Your partner should send you his or her recording of the 7 questions so you can listen to their questions.
- When you're done listening to the questions, record yourself answering those 7 questions they asked you.
- Send your responses to your partner so they can hear your responses. Your partner should send you their responses so you can listen to how they answered your questions.
- Finally, submit to me only the recordings of YOU asking your questions and giving your answers.
Before submitting your assignment, look carefully at the grading rubric and be sure you can answer YES to all of the questions listed there. Rubrics are your friends and they can help you maximize your points for each assignment.
How well do you know your particles? The sentences below should have particles where the lines are. Try filling these in with the particles you think should be there. The answers are below so don’t scroll too far ahead!
1. がっこう __ テルビゲーム を しません。
2. いま __ テーブル と テレビ __ ソファー が あります。
3. へや に ねこ __ います。
4. きのう ばんごはん __ たべませんでした。
Ok, the answers are below, but don’t scroll down and look at them until you at least try all of the exercises. We’re on the honors system here! ;)
Here are the answers to the exercises above:
1. がっこう で テルビゲーム を しません。
- で is used after the location to talk about where something will happen, and what will happen there. It’s like saying at school
2. いま に テーブル と テレビ と ソファー が あります。
- に is being used here to talk about where an object is located. It’s like saying in the living room.
- と is used between multiple nouns and is used like the word and in English.
3. へや に ねこ が います。
- が is used as the subject marker to indicate that the cat is the subject of the sentence.
4. きのう ばんごはん を たべませんでした。
- を marks the direct object of a sentence. It’s used between the direct object (dinner) and the verb in the sentence.
How did you do with those exercises? If you need help, get in touch with me or the PTC for any questions about particles. ^_^
Peer Tutoring Center
Kudos to Reese T.!
Reese T. did an amazing job on her Lesson 2 Vocabulary Flashcards! Click the link below to see them and listen to her recordings. Great work Reese!
Did you submit your vocabulary flashcards for lesson 2 yet? If not, please submit them today. Don't fall behind!
Be sure you submitted your Lesson 1 and Lesson 2 writing assignments already as they're now overdue. Check your due date calendar every day to make sure you are staying on pace!
Student Spotlight - Rennissa R.
Meet Rennissa R.!
My favorite thing about Japan/Japanese Culture: Anime and manga are two subjects of Japanese culture that I adore so much.
My favorite book: Fairy Tail
My favorite musical artist: Fall Out Boy
My favorite ice cream flavor: chocolate
On a Friday night I'm usually: When I am not studying or doing homework, I enjoy writing fanfictions and netflix and hulu binging on the weekends.
The 5 things I can't live without: food, water, anime, writing, and education
Why I'm taking Japanese 2: I signed up for this class in order to explore my knowledge about Japanese so I continue my studies and one day become fluent in this wonderful language. One of my lifetime goals is to go Japan and meet my one of favorite manga writers, Masashi Kishimoto, Oda Eiichiro, and Hiro Mashima.