Central Park East II
Week of May 16, 2016
Then I had my book club. Did you know I have been in a book club with the same 8 women for over 20 years? Finally, I was invited to see EJ and Janine, two of our 6th graders, perform with Rosie's Kids (the program our 5th graders are part of.) It was a wonderful performance.
Join CPE II's Annual Sports Day at Randall's Island Friday May 20th
This Friday, May 20th we will have our Annual Sports Day at Randall's Island. This is always a fun day. It looks like the weather will be warm and clear.
- Every child should have a filled water bottle, even if it's just a plastic bottle of water. PLEASE LABEL the bottle with your child's name. (We will have water on hand to refill bottles, but we will NOT HAVE CUPS.)
- Children should wear shoes that are good for sports.
- Children can bring a home lunch, or get a school lunch (most likely Peanut Butter and Jelly) If you send a lunch bag, please label it.
- Children can bring a small blanket or towel to sit on.
- Children should have on sunscreen and can bring some with them.
- If children bring a jacket or sweatshirt, please label it.
Parent participation is encouraged for our Annual Sports Day, Friday May 20th at Randall's Island. We need parents to go early to set up, to transport equipment, snacks and water, to send in: Gallons of water and portions of snacks (grapes, watermelon, bananas, crackers, goldfish, pretzels, mini-muffins (not cupcakes, no frosting please.)
Here is the sign up link: http://goo.gl/forms/poGvYDvQpe
Hopes and Dreams for Parents May 20th, 2016 at 5PM Sign Up Please
The Greening of CPE II; Building our work around Social Justice; Working toward a space just for CPE II, Creating a Compassionate Community, Increasing Parent Participation through better Communication: Thinking out of the box. (which we already do, but...)
Be part of the future of CPE II. Sign up at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1D56OCpfkenBriuj6I5DEDxm-rJJ2L3vmVBidigDEGAI/viewform
CPE II COOKBOOK AVAILABLE
The CPEII community has come together to create a cookbook full of healthy recipes and tips for cooking with kids. This book builds on the importance of community, healthy eating and family. CPEII has a diverse student body and our cookbook reflects that. Cooking is a great hands-on, real-life way of exploring science, math, and social studies--things we study in school. Cooking with your child is a fun way to help teach your child about your heritage and/or explore other cultures. Our community cookbook is full of healthy recipes that complement the diversity of our community. This book was created through the Parent Association’s Health and Wellness Committee. The committee’s mission is to promote a collaborative approach to student, family and community health. This book builds on the CPEII Health Food policy, promoting health foods that kids enjoy.
Picture Day Photo Packages Have Arrived
If you ordered a package, you should have received it. If there's a problem with your order, or you didn't receive your order, please email Raven and Jody right away at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- What if I didn't order a package? Then you should have received a proof (a.k.a. a small photo) in case you'd like to order a package at this time. Remember, the prices will be higher and you'll need to order directly from the photographer, Judy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retake Day: Most likely, we won't be doing one. However, this will be decided sometime in the next few weeks.
4th graders visit The National Museum of the American Indian–New York
CPE II Night at the Staten Island Yankees June 24th Look for Packet
Celebrating 35 Years of Progressive Education at CPE II Wednesday, June 8th
Safe Streets: Learn how to keep our children safe - Tuesday, May 17th,
Dates to Keep in Mind
Friday, May 20 - Sports Day at Randall's Island
May 20th, Hopes and Dreams for Parents 5PM
Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day Observed No School
Wednesday June 8th Window Into Progressive Education at CPE II Celebrating 35 years
Thursday, June 9 - Chancellor's Conference Day - Students no in attendance
Friday, June 10 - Annual Picnic and SLT elections (5 - 7PM)
Tuesday, June 14th - Citywide Clerical Day - Students not in attendance.
Thursday, June 16th - Three Schools Violin Concert - All CPE II in school violinists
Wednesday, June 22 - 5th grade moving up ceremony 12 noon
Thursday, June 23, Last Day of Classes at CPE II
Friday, June 24 & Monday, June 27 - Students not in Attendance at CPE II
Tuesday, June 28 - Early dismissal - Last Day of School