DISTRICT UPDATE 1/7/2021
MARYVILLE CITY SCHOOLS
STUDENTS IN GRADES 8-12
- Monday, January 11 will be a digital day.
- Tuesday, January 12 - last names A-K will attend school in-person.
- Wednesday, January 13 - last names L-Z will attend school in-person.
- Thursday, January 14 - last names A-K will attend school in-person.
- Friday, January 15 - last names L-Z will attend school in-person.
MASK MANDATE: Students in grades 8-12 will remain under a mask mandate next week and for the foreseeable future. We will share any changes to this policy in our District Updates.
STUDENTS IN GRADES 4-7
SCHEDULE CHANGE: *** Students in grades 4-7 will move to a daily (in-person) schedule next week (January 11-15).
MASK EXPECTATIONS: Both intermediate schools will continue to expect students to voluntarily wear masks when social distancing cannot occur.
MASK EXEMPTIONS - DISTRICTWIDE
- When eating and drinking
- When a documented medical condition is submitted to the school nurse; health, behavioral, or other disability concerns, as noted in his or her IEP or 504 plan(s)
- On a case-by-case basis for specific instructional needs and other activities (such as, when 6 feet distancing can be maintained, outdoor recess, and/or other appropriately distanced activities), as determined by the principal in consultation with the teacher
- Special behavioral or individualized needs as determined by the school principal
COVID POSITIVE UPDATE
As of 1/7/2021, we have 37 students and 11 staff members in isolation for a confirmed positive COVID case.
INCLEMENT WEATHER REMINDER
- Voice message
- Local media: Newspapers, Radio, and Television
As always, the key to successfully reaching you via phone or email depends on the accuracy of the information included in our student information system. If your contact information has changed or needs to be updated in any way, please share the changes with your school as soon as possible.