Taking Accelerated Reader Quizzes
Accelerated Reader helps create a culture of reading by motivating, monitoring, and managing students’ independent reading practice.
There are more than 150,000 books that have AR quizzes. How do I know if my book has a quiz?
First it may ask you if you are a student, teacher, parent, or librarian.
Type in the title or author of the book.
If the book comes up, then it is an AR book! You can explore to find out the reading level, how many words are in the book and if has a read-aloud quiz.
How can I take a quiz?
Click here to see a video about how to take a quiz (Thank you to Shanna Miles, Media Specialist at South Atlanta High School.)
Click here to see a video from Renaissance Learning about taking a quiz!
1. Go to MyBackpack and log in.
2. Click on the Renaissance Learning Icon
3. Select the orange square that says Accelerated Reader.
4. Type the title of the book, the author, or the quiz number of the book.
5. Select reading practice quiz and then click on the start quiz button.
6. Answer each question.
7. When you finish answering, rate the book by clicking on the stars.
8. Click "next" and find out your score!