The government controls us
Ah sensitivities that is how you ban
Of Mice and Men is a commonly banned book it has been banned in 1993, 1994, 2001, and 2002. This book has been banned for racism, violence, offensive language, and being unsuited for age group. This book is the most challenged book of the 21st century so far. The book is about uneducated workers during the 1930s and the language is accurate for the time.
Interesting facts about book banning pertaining to, "Of Mice and Men."
- "Of Mice and Men," is the most challenged book in the 21st century so far.
- "Of Mice and Men," has been banned 4 times due to parents complaining about the book being unsuited for age group, profane, violent, and etc.
- "Of Mice and Men," is still being challenged nearly every year because of racial slurs like Japs, the N-word for black People, and also it gets challenged for using the name Jesus Christ as a cuss word.
Other Commonly Challenged Books
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie