Information about 2015-2016 Tryouts
CCA Cheer Video 2014-2015
Just the Facts
- Cheer squads are for girls who will be in grades 6-8 (Middle School) and 9-12 (Varsity) during the next school year.
- Tryout packets must be turned in to Amber Malcolm no later than Monday, May 4, 2015.
- Girls must be registered for the 2015-2016 school year to be allowed to try out for cheer.
How will tryouts work?
- There will be a three day cheer clinic where girls will learn a cheer, chant, jumps, and a dance.
- The third day will end with a mock tryout. Girls will know exactly how tryouts will work.
- On the day of tryouts, the gym will be closed to all parents or other spectators.
- There will be three-four judges at tryouts. They will be looking at general spirit, personality, jumps and motions, voice projection, dance, and tumbling, and teachability/effort.
- The day following tryouts, an email will be sent to parents and girls who make the Varsity or Middle School squad.
- Girls cannot participate in the cheer clinic until their entire tryout packet has been turned in.
- Permission Form
- Cheer Costs (Fundraising)
- Physical Exam and Medical History
- Insurance Wavier
- Steroid Use Form
- Acknowledgements of rules (TAPPS)
- Codes of Conduct (Student and Parent)
- Inherent Risks of Cheerleading
- Cheer Constiution
- 5 Teacher Evaluations (Girls... Give those to teachers NOW!)
Participation in Other Sports
- Participation in other sports offered at CCA is encouraged.
- Emphasis on attending games/performances/events.
- Communication between coaches AND student communication with coaches... coaches can work together to do their best to mesh schedules, but we need to know your plans when there is an overlap. (safety concerns)
- Be prepared for cheer events, even if you've missed practice (email, videos or pictures)
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, May 4: CCA Cafe-Cheer Clinic, 3:30-5:00
- Tuesday, May 5: CCA Cafe-Cheer Clinic, 3:30-5:00
- Wednesday, May 6: CCA Cafe-Cheer Practice and Mock Tryout, 3:30-5:00
- Thursday, May 7: CCA Gym-Cheer Tryouts, 3:30-5:00
- CHEER DEPOSIT DUE MAY 7 at tryouts
- Friday, May 8: Email sent to parents regarding squad rosters
- Week of May 11-14: (Day/Time TBA) CCA-Uniform Fitting
- Cheer Practices through June
- Summer Camp: July 10-13, 2015 Great Wolf Lodge
- July/Early August Practices (Not during dead weeks)